Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, alma said:

"P320 X-5 9mm 5 inch, no magwell (33.5 oz.) 

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

Very exciting, one of these may have to join my collection... Anyone else notice how messy looking the USPSA Production Gun List is getting?

Edited by EngineerEli

Got mine just now from FFL, god it's tight! It almost took my thumb to just twist the disassemble lever, and I have to use the magazine to finish the job after all. The slide and barrel fit each other definitely tighter than my P320F. Can't wait to test it out tomorrow at the range!

I just closed out my order and everything went through ok.  It looks like I did get the last one.  I missed one yesterday when I received an email alert from Topgunsupply. 

Is the 320X5 .40 for sale yet? 

As you can imagine, all things 320 move slowly. We just don't have enough engineers to keep up with all of the projects. I'm trying to get drawings of the slide & barrel in 40 to start testing, but it's slow going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gmshtr said:

As you can imagine, all things 320 move slowly. We just don't have enough engineers to keep up with all of the projects. I'm trying to get drawings of the slide & barrel in 40 to start testing, but it's slow going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand completely, Iam just excited to use one in Limited division when it's available, it looks like a winner. 

I saw someone issue a warning on another page about the length of the 21 round magazines and it is worth repeating. 

The 21 round mags are ever so slightly long for the USPSA gage. If you rest them in there you will see a very small gap at the top where it doesn't sit perfectly flat in the gage without a bit of pressure. It's not much but an overzealous chrono check might call it out and move you to open. 

The Fix is easy: just remove a small amount of material from the bottom corner of the factory base pad or use the Springer plus two extensions before heading to a major match. 

cM0DT0rh.jpg

Phil,

I just checked the IPSC production list, and the 320 X-Five is specifically NOT allowed - do you know if it will be by IPSC Nationals in Mid July... Or ever?

Also, thanks for your time at Optics Nationals, answering questions, and letting me dryfire your 320RX.

Alma,

Thanks as well!

8 hours ago, Dave2179 said:

Phil,

I just checked the IPSC production list, and the 320 X-Five is specifically NOT allowed - do you know if it will be by IPSC Nationals in Mid July... Or ever?

The IPSC rules don't allow for parts to be removed from guns in order for them to comply with the requirements of a Production division. I think the only way this gun gets on the IPSC list is when Sig releases a variation without the mag-well. 

Now that the 320X5 is Production legal, does that mean that possibly the GrayGuns Pelt flat trigger will also be legal for production?

Yes it is. From my understanding, they submitted it to DNROI and it was approved once the X5 was approved

I just got my X5 today and have only dryfired it, but I prefer my grayguns curved trigger to the flat trigger on the X5. I've never owned a gun with a flat trigger though, so it's probably just personal preference

I have a couple limited guns with flat triggers and really like it.  Seems like it gives you more sensitivity to the trigger if that makes sense.  You can almost feel the trigger more.  At least for me.

7 hours ago, Edge40 said:

I have a couple limited guns with flat triggers and really like it.  Seems like it gives you more sensitivity to the trigger if that makes sense.  You can almost feel the trigger more.  At least for me.

You can just drop the FCU from Grayguns into your X5. You can order a flat PELT from GGI and it should drop into what's there, although the safety cam is a bit of a pain to get off. 

I suspect you will find some of the top P320 X5 shooters will still be running a curved trigger.