Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Thanks but no thanks!! Just kidding...
All kidding asides I just bought one off the Gunbroker! Lol
Thank you for your help sir!
I hope it tracks well like the full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, b18prl said:

Thanks but no thanks!! Just kidding...
All kidding asides I just bought one off the Gunbroker! Lol
Thank you for your help sir!
I hope it tracks well like the full size.

Let me know in a week when you decide to sell it.

I am hearing that IDPA may be allowing the X5. They think the bull barrel isn't enough of a bull barrel to exclude it. This still needs confirmation. 

I am hearing that IDPA may be allowing the X5. They think the bull barrel isn't enough of a bull barrel to exclude it. This still needs confirmation. 

That would be nice since the rules really limit our choices of firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17 hours ago, alma said:

There is a picture flying around of Tom Yost with the gun inside an IDPA box and a caption that suggests so...

I honestly don't think the Stock 2 bull barrel is that much bull compared to the regular barrel in Stock 3. I think IDPA should just remove the bull barrel restriction from rule book to avoid the confusion on which bull barrels are too bull.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

I honestly don't think the Stock 2 bull barrel is that much bull compared to the regular barrel in Stock 3. I think IDPA should just remove the bull barrel restriction from rule book to avoid the confusion on which bull barrels are too bull.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's all a bunch of Bull! Lol. I can shoot a CZ 75 Shadow SA in IDPA but not a Sig P226 Legion SAO. Why is width an issue? I have never hear of wider guns being some advantage. 

Picked up my X-Five up from my local shop in Colorado tonight.  (Ordered it from them in March.)  They also had one for sale to the general public.

Same issue that several of you have mentioned about the gun being tight.  Hopefully a little range time will fix the issue...

I don't see that it is USPSA Production legal yet

4 hours ago, jalutter said:

Picked up my X-Five up from my local shop in Colorado tonight.  (Ordered it from them in March.)  They also had one for sale to the general public.

Same issue that several of you have mentioned about the gun being tight.  Hopefully a little range time will fix the issue...

I don't see that it is USPSA Production legal yet

I keep hitting refresh on the list as well. 

My source says SIG has made the submission to DNROI. 

Very interesting question.  Hopefully someone who has both can verify.

Just from looking at pictures, the rear sight on the RX would definitely have to be removed.  Then there is a question of slide clearance on the RX, since the X5 slide looks like it might be flatter on top.

ETA:  Thinking more about this, I'm not sure the RX would have the proper holes for securing the X5 sight plate, since it bolts on from underneath the slide.

Edited by JAFO

I just picked mine up from a dealer outside Pittsburgh pa. The fit up is tight but I am able to pull the slide back just enough to reset the trigger and release it without any problems. 

A lot of good info here about the 320 X-Five...I'm glad everyone likes it. 

Just to address some of the comments I've read:

The 320 Target was the direction things were headed before I was hired. I stopped it to ensure we had complete modularity AND a trigger that wouldn't be a possible liability for the 80%+ end users who weren't competitive shooters.  

The USPSA Carry Optic and Production paperwork was submitted to DNROI yesterday, but I'm not sure if it's been updated yet. I'm sure Troy is busy at WSSC.  The weight submitted (without the magwell) is 33.5oz.  

Robert Ray stopped by the booth during the NRA, and confirmed that the 320X-Five would be legal in ESP with the magwell, and SSP without the magwell. I'll be sending him an email confirming current production/shipping numbers tomorrow to get confirmation. 

NRA declared it legal in Production as is with the magwell...with exception to the magazines, since the don't fit in the box. 

The four 21rd mags that come with the gun fits with the magwell, and is a better selling point for most of our purchasers. 

The guns are very tight to ensure extreme accuracy, but are built to work ideally with SAAMI standard ammo.  Building a pistol to work best with 130PF handloads would result in a gun that would be awful to shoot standard Ammo out of (what 80+% of our customers will shoot).  They will break in after 500 rounds or so. Mine works with everything now...including 115gr light WSSC ammo. 

Our current 17rd 9mm mags have been redesigned to fit in the X-series grip modules (minus the magwell).  Springer Precision and Taran Tactical are working on base pads/extensions for the standard mags that will fit in the Magwell AND the box. 

We're currently working on getting molds made for small & large X-series grip modules, but won't be finished/avail until 2018. We want to get the guns out there to help our customers realize that the X-series is more than just a cool grip module. 

Hope this helps!  

Thanks,

Phil

Thanks for the information Phil. I am only 2 months in to USPSA so I have not had to put my pistols in a box yet. However I thought the folks here may want to see the following photo.  The mags are 17 round full size with Springer Precision .25" base pads. I am unfamiliar with the versions of the magazines however. Only issue I have to solve is finding a new blade tech holster for my rig.  I know... first world problems.

IMG_0270.JPG

19 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

Street price is $850.  But some are listing for well above that to take advantage of those who just can't wait.

Yep, I just ordered one for that...no tax and free shipping.