Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

It's been 2 weeks since the Sig Pro shop started selling/shipping the X5 and I have yet to hear of anyone getting one from their local firearm distributor. I've contacted several larger stores in and out of state to see if they have even heard of a ship time from Sig and none of them have. Is it normal for Sig to only sell a new gun from their store so they can get the full MSRP for the first month?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, J-Rob said:

Has anyone checked to see if the X5 will fit in the Comp-Tac fullsize P320 holster?

I had to open up the bottom to get it to fit. It's a less than elegant solution, and Comp-Tac says they have no plans to make them for the X-Five for now, so I ordered a Red Hill Tactical. 

23 hours ago, Bthomas said:

It's been 2 weeks since the Sig Pro shop started selling/shipping the X5 and I have yet to hear of anyone getting one from their local firearm distributor. I've contacted several larger stores in and out of state to see if they have even heard of a ship time from Sig and none of them have. Is it normal for Sig to only sell a new gun from their store so they can get the full MSRP for the first month?

+1

Have one on order from a regular shop who gets lots of Sigs, but no ETA yet. Anyone see in the wild outside of the Sig Pro Shop yet?

Is it normal for Sig to only sell a new gun from their store so they can get the full MSRP for the first month?

Sig is innovating recently, but they are awful at being prepared and meeting their own dates for releases. We were supposed to have this gun a year ago, and here we all are still waiting on it. I skipped on the sig waiting list and went to a sig master dealer. He should have them in 2-3 weeks, so I sent him a check for it. I also called all the other local/regional sig dealers and they seemed to know less about the X5 and it's release than I did. A sig elite dealer in NC told me they haven't been released yet (about a week ago) yet several people on Facebook had them in hand, not just Sig team shooters

22 minutes ago, DKnoch said:

...they seemed to know less about the X5 and it's release than I did. A sig elite dealer in NC told me they haven't been released yet (about a week ago) yet several people on Facebook had them in hand, not just Sig team shooters

You guys are spending many hours a week searching for information on this one specific model.

They sell hundreds of different models of guns in dozens of brands for 40 hours a week... and then they go home and spend zero hours that night glued to this forum, or all the SIG-centric Facebook profiles.

It's pretty typical for a dealer or distributor to learn they can get something when a knowledgeable customer comes in and tells them who and how to ask. ;)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

4 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You guys are spending many hours a week searching for information on this one specific model.

They sell hundreds of different models of guns in dozens of brands for 40 hours a week... and then they go home and spend zero hours that night glued to this forum, or all the SIG-centric Facebook profiles.

I don't think that he's blaming the dealers, If the blame is on anyone it's Sig and the lack of information they're putting out to their dealers and to the public. They could pretty easily put it out there that they are doing a soft release for 25 guns and after they've received feedback from those 25 they'll look at doing a bigger release or something along those lines. I don't think anybody would blame them for that and it would create a realistic expectation vs them saying "They're Shipping" and making everyone think that all 2k+, that they said were ready to ship, had been shipped out to dealers.

More of a gripe that "They're Shipping" means available exclusively direct from Sig.... until they decide to let them out to distributors and have met their own shops demand. Kind of like trigger parts that get held back as gunsmith install required kits, only avail from certain places.

Some of the main reasons XD, Glock, M&P, CZ etc are so popular is that they are 1) available 2) have great parts supplies (factory and aftermarket) and 3) are easy to work on because the knowledge exists in the wild on how to tune them properly. I know the X-Five is new, but P320s in general are still frustratingly slow on points 2 and 3.

I can understand the frustration with Sig. I am ready to purchase the X5 only to find that the X5 in 40 is not expected to be released until some time in 2018.

What I think is the most frustrating is Sig's lack of marketing. Many of us would understand and be more tolerable of delays and staggered releases if Sig utilized social media to interact with customers. I would love to have seen Sig post up teaser images of the X5 after shot show, provide information on what caliper will be released first etc. I am a Light Painting Photographer and love to light paint weapons. The below image I took of a glock 19 (no photoshop). I think images like this teasing an upcoming release almost like cell phone companies do to build hype before a keynote.

Glock.thumb.jpg.abd31b52261001de53eb8959cd16ef80.jpg

Look at the VTAC and the X5 carry, there is zero information on any rough release timeline yet. Regardless I am a Sig Fan Boy and will continue to wait until next year to order the X5 in 40. Wish I would have known that earlier as I have been saving since shot show only to find out this month I had many more months to save up. I did check Sig's website for job openings and there is a lot in the marketing and advertising divisions so maybe that is a sign for a more interactive Sig Sauer to come.

7 hours ago, alma said:

Phil just posted this. 

GjweOk5.png

I'll believe it when I have one in hand. I talked to several dealers and none of them have heard of something being shipped to them today, maybe tracking numbers just haven't trickled down the grape vine quite yet.

Minus the magwell and add on different basepads right? Wonder if i would be better off buying a bunch of 17rd magazines for production and saving these for when I shoot CO?

1 hour ago, cj36d said:

Guess it would be dreaming to make the logic leap that Since the magwell comes as a factory component it could be used in CO.

Production has specific language stating no external magwell attachments or something. Might be okay for Bianchi Production. 

Picked mine up this evening, man is the lock up really tight. Myself and 3 other shooters all experienced various types of malfunctions. I also noticed the spent casings sorta dribble out the side of the pistol instead being ejected with any real force. Sights seem to be off as we all grouped 2-3 inches left from center bullseye. Digital trigger pull scale showed an average of 4lbs with 10 pulls. Hopefully I can get more rounds through it before steel challenge this weekend. 

Update on mine. 

I mentioned that the lockup was tight and if you eased the slide forward it wouldn't lock back up without some additional force. It would go into battery when dropping the slide from all the way back. I am about 500 to 600 rounds in now and the lockup has broken in. I can now pull the slide just slightly back and it will return into fully battery under the recoil spring weight alone. Through those first rounds I have experienced zero malfunctions. Everything has worked perfectly. 

I have been running a somewhat hot 124gr load. I am now in the process of reducing powder to see whether or can make PF with a couple fewer tenths. 

I also did some more side by side testing with one of my full size guns. Again, it feels softer but I was noticing a bit more sight movement overall. I think that is from the factory recoil spring weight where the nose is dipping on me as the gun returns to battery. Another shooter who has been testing with his said he has already cut four coils to address the issue. I am waiting on the aftermarket stainless and tungsten rods and plan to start again with a 14lb ISMI to see how that performs. 

1 hour ago, cj36d said:

Alma...what kind of lubricant you using?

I'm in the Lucas Oil Outdoor Line camp. 

Primarily I use the extreme duty gun oil and I think that's all I have on this right now. Sometimes I use extreme duty gun grease on the rails and usually it in the trigger components since it stays well in there. 

10 hours ago, J-Rob said:

Picked mine up this evening, man is the lock up really tight. Myself and 3 other shooters all experienced various types of malfunctions. I also noticed the spent casings sorta dribble out the side of the pistol instead being ejected with any real force. Sights seem to be off as we all grouped 2-3 inches left from center bullseye. Digital trigger pull scale showed an average of 4lbs with 10 pulls. Hopefully I can get more rounds through it before steel challenge this weekend. 

The sights should be easy enough to fix since they are adjustable. I might try cutting a couple of coils is you still have weak ejection. Hopefully we get aftermarket rods soon. 

On 4/28/2017 at 11:34 PM, Bthomas said:

I'll believe it when I have one in hand. I talked to several dealers and none of them have heard of something being shipped to them today, maybe tracking numbers just haven't trickled down the grape vine quite yet.

Minus the magwell and add on different basepads right? Wonder if i would be better off buying a bunch of 17rd magazines for production and saving these for when I shoot CO?

As I've been managing a LGS for the last 3 years I'd take the "shipping now" to distributors at this time. Once the distributor gets them in hand then they'll be available to dealers. 

5 hours ago, alma said:

I'm in the Lucas Oil Outdoor Line camp. 

Primarily I use the extreme duty gun oil and I think that's all I have on this right now. Sometimes I use extreme duty gun grease on the rails and usually it in the trigger components since it stays well in there. 

I've tried some Mili-Tec products in a few of my guns with very good results on break in.  I use Lucas Oil or CLP day to day...but the militec seems to dramatically reduce breaking in time...fire a few rounds get the gun heated up and drown it in the stuff, then shoot a bunch of Bill drills, let it cool and repeat.

How is the X5 slide lock release? Same position as the full size P320? I had the full size for a little bit and sold it since my thumb kept hitting the slide lock release. If it's not in the way like the full size I might take a hard look at it again.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, b18prl said:

How is the X5 slide lock release? Same position as the full size P320? I had the full size for a little bit and sold it since my thumb kept hitting the slide lock release. If it's not in the way like the full size I might take a hard look at it again.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The X5 has a third style of slide catch. 

The original sits further back and was larger. The second style is further forward, lower profile, and was designed for use with a grip module that has a raised box around it to help prevent accidental manipulation. 

The X grip will work with either of these styles and has a larger shelf that makes it pretty hard to accidentally hit the release. It ships with a forward swept slide catch that is as far forward as the newer design but has a profile size that's somewhere in between the other two. That's a good thing in my book since I find the thin profile one to be pretty sharp when not boxed in.