Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, alma said:

As suspected, Robert already has his tracking information for his personal X5 and he is now taking pre orders for X5 holsters at Red Hill Tactical. http://redhilltactical.com/products/320x5

You can use the code "Cole4RHT" for a discount. I recommend the double layered ones. 

Order has been placed, hopefully before most everyone else ha ha. I forgot to use the code but I did send them a message praising you for your dedication to RHT. I've seen you on multiple posts touting the quality of their product.

4 minutes ago, Bthomas said:

Order has been placed, hopefully before most everyone else ha ha. I forgot to use the code but I did send them a message praising you for your dedication to RHT. I've seen you on multiple posts touting the quality of their product.

Thank you. I use what I like and after 15 years of shooting Production RHT is the best holsters I have used. He is also is a stand up guy overall so that helps things when it comes to endorsing him.  

@alma as always thanks for the outstanding information! Sad to hear that the SP base pads will not work with the new magwell. I will have to wait for SP to release a magwell since I have a good amount of money invested in my base pads.

Sig Pro Shop called me about my pre-ordered X-Five. Here's my issue. I live in CT. 10-Round max magazine. 

The Factory P320 ten-rounders won't fit the X-Five because of the profile of the bottom of the X-five. You could shave the bottom of the frame or the tops of the magazine baseplates but both would through you out of production, right?

He mentioned going with Springer Precision base plates, but would that still be Production legal? I thought aftermarket mags dimensionally different from stock were no-go.

I could have a gunsmith ruin perfectly good stock magazines but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

atek3

In regards to the Mags. the following is from the IPCS rule book Pg. 90, 21.7 Magazines

Prior restrictions on magazines have been lifted.

OFM and aftermarket magazines and base-pads may be used. However, any and all magazines used in competition, must fit into the USPSA box while empty and inserted in the handgun as described in item 7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate board tape are specifically allowed on magazines and base-pads.

I have seen many conversations about the use of the X5 for Production and there does not seem to be a definite answer as to if the X5 is legal or not. USPSA approved handgun listing states :

"All calibers of the Sig Model P320 are allowed." but it is unknown if the X5 will be considered a separate model from the P320.

The IPSC approved handgun listing states

"NOT APPROVED: P226 Xpress, P220 X-Zone, P220 Sport, P226 HSP, P226 Sport, P226 Sport II SL mit Schiene, P226 X-Five, P226 X-Five Short, P226 X-Five Competition, P226 X-Six, P226R Crimson Trace, P320 X-Five, P320 Target,"

so I would not be surprised if we see the USPSA list follow in suit soon.

You'd be fine on modifying baseplates or using aftermarket, assuming the gun still fits in the box with them (as mentioned above, see App D4, 21.7).

Following the rest of Sig's models on the approved list, the 320 X5 will most likely be considered a separate model, so you'd have to wait for it to be added (the IPSC-approved list does not apply to USPSA).

So you can order one directly from Sig? I see a few people saying they are getting guns shipped to them is that how guys are getting them. Everywhere I've tried tells me that gun is still listed as out of stock

3 hours ago, Lowsider said:

Will the xfive mag well work on the vtac? Or does the vtac come with the option of a magwell?

The X-Five magwell will work on all guns with the X-Grip, which includes the vtac.  I don't know if it is an option to order a vtac with the magwell already installed.

1 hour ago, Vizorn said:

The X-Five magwell will work on all guns with the X-Grip, which includes the vtac.  I don't know if it is an option to order a vtac with the magwell already installed.

There may be some aftermarket options coming too. 

FYI it looks like there may have been a change to the trigger geometry since Shot thats brings the trigger a couple of pounds lighter than the typical stock P320. I can hopefully confirm on Monday when I pick up the X5 I ordered. 

5 hours ago, Bthomas said:

I thought they were saying that it was supposed to be around 5lbs out of the box? Do you know if Grey Guns has plans on trying to get that lower?

It looks to be 5lb and changed out of the box. I am waiting to find out if the Grayguns trigger itself would bring it down anymore, but either way Grayguns has more components up its sleeve that will help. 

Specifically they have a billet sear, reduced power sear springs, a reduced power triggerbar spring, and a safety cam that ensures that drop safety ratings are maintained despite the changes in sear tension. 

My Grayguns flat trigger drop in kit is at 3.5lb and the curved one on my CO gun is closer to 3lb. 

59 minutes ago, alma said:

It looks to be 5lb and changed out of the box. I am waiting to find out if the Grayguns trigger itself would bring it down anymore, but either way Grayguns has more components up its sleeve that will help. 

Specifically they have a billet sear, reduced power sear springs, a reduced power triggerbar spring, and a safety cam that ensures that drop safety ratings are maintained despite the changes in sear tension. 

My Grayguns flat trigger drop in kit is at 3.5lb and the curved one on my CO gun is closer to 3lb. 

3.5 using the various extra parts you just mentioned?

Now if they will offer those parts ala cart or as a orderable kit, that would be sweet.

2 hours ago, alma said:

When you say there appears to be a trigger geometry change, is it internal or no longer a flat trigger?

Unfortunately I'm not in the position to pay full price for a pre-order with no concrete delivery date. I have other firearm priorities for upcoming classes and matches. Did you guys have to order with full price down? 

4 hours ago, MrTuna said:

Unfortunately I'm not in the position to pay full price for a pre-order with no concrete delivery date. I have other firearm priorities for upcoming classes and matches. Did you guys have to order with full price down? 

Nope.  Ordered/reserved with a credit card, but the Sig pro shop didn't charge it until the gun shipped.