Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Any more recent updates to the timing roll out for all of the X-series? VTAC, X-Carry, X-Five?

Starting to see some of these up on dealer websites as "out of stock" - some calls/conversations have hinted at June?

Any particular place anyone would recommend for Preorders that will see early shipments?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things seemed to have gone quiet, last positive thing we heard was reports of it shipping in two weeks which would have been around the 7th of April. We're not too far past that but with not a peep out of Sig I get the feeling something has delayed it once again.

Edited by Bthomas
grammar

I have my hands on a grip as well of now. I'm doing some texture work on it. It's not one I get to keep but I will try and get a video pulled together covering the changes from the standard grip. 

Let me know if you have specific questions on it. 

7 minutes ago, alma said:

I have my hands on a grip as well of now. I'm doing some texture work on it. It's not one I get to keep but I will try and get a video pulled together covering the changes from the standard grip. 

Let me know if you have specific questions on it. 

1. Any excess room to increase the fringer groove behind the trigger guard?

2. Same mag release as current or will I need to wait for springer to release a extended release for this grip?

3. If you can, can you post a picture holding a current p320 grip with a magwell and one holding the new grip with magwell? Or if you can post dimensions of the new grip from under the trigger guard to start of the magwell. My current grip with a SP magwell has the bottom of my hand riding along the magwell which I am not fond of. I am hoping the new grip will allow my hand to ride above the magwell.

Edited by Sig0431

This should give you more hope, Sig Pro Shop just called me today asking for payment of an X5 that is ready to ship. Got an email right back with FedEx tracking, ETA Thursday 4/13. And I'm a nobody so they should start showing up everywhere else soon. Lol. 

5 hours ago, GJ710 said:

This should give you more hope, Sig Pro Shop just called me today asking for payment of an X5 that is ready to ship. Got an email right back with FedEx tracking, ETA Thursday 4/13. And I'm a nobody so they should start showing up everywhere else soon. Lol. 

Awesome man!!

8 hours ago, GJ710 said:

That's fantastic, thanks for the update!

It looks like Springer Precision just got their hands on one as well.

1 hour ago, Bthomas said:

That's fantastic, thanks for the update!

It looks like Springer Precision just got their hands on one as well.

Where did you see SP with one? I was checking their site and social media and did not see anything.

1 hour ago, Sig0431 said:

Where did you see SP with one? I was checking their site and social media and did not see anything.

Springer has an upper on loan now and will be making some aftermarket parts for it directly. He has had a grip for some time and had plans to support accessories for that as well. 

I tested the Springer extended magazine release and functions in the new grip. 

13 minutes ago, gavagai said:

Curved trigger?

That was using an existing FCU that he had already. 

Springer has one on the way for him and I ordered one that should ship out tomorrow. 

Alma 

After talking to a few dealers who are approved for the Sig Military program they are all saying it looks like I wont be able to order one until 2018. While the NRA instructor price list does show the 9mm X5 the military program has not received the X5. In reality I only need the grip module, barrel and slide in 40 but I seem to remember when the P320 first released it was almost a year before you can easily obtain those parts. If anyone hears any word about when you can order the grip module please post it!   

38 minutes ago, alma said:

That was using an existing FCU that he had already. 

Springer has one on the way for him and I ordered one that should ship out tomorrow. 

Alma 

Nice I'm glad to see they're starting to ship. I've called all around Utah and none of the dealers here have heard anything :(

Has anyone tried using the X5 on current p320 holsters? Have a belt and Magazine holders purchased for it but not sure what I'm going to do about a holster yet.

2 minutes ago, Bthomas said:

Nice I'm glad to see they're starting to ship. I've called all around Utah and none of the dealers here have heard anything :(

Has anyone tried using the X5 on current p320 holsters? Have a belt and Magazine holders purchased for it but not sure what I'm going to do about a holster yet.

You should be able to open up the bottom of most P320 full size holsters to get them to work. 

I am guessing that Red Hill Tactical will be making some shortly as well since I will be sending my slide and grip his way shortly. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a preorder available shortly. 

4 minutes ago, alma said:

You should be able to open up the bottom of most P320 full size holsters to get them to work. 

I am guessing that Red Hill Tactical will be making some shortly as well since I will be sending my slide and grip his way shortly. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a preorder available shortly. 

That would be nice, I guess it depends on if their lead time is actually a month like their site says. I may go with someone local instead and cut that in half so I can start training with it.

1 minute ago, Magsz said:

This is not an April Fools joke lol.

I just ordered an x5 that is IN STOCK and ready to ship from the SIg Pro Shop.  1005 list price.  They DO offer LE discounts.

I am assuming that it is a 9mm?

I actually brain farted and didnt ask but the sales guy said that they came with four 21 rd magazines which would lead me to believe, yes, 9mm.  HA, I was so excited I lost all ability to reason and just screamed "take my money!".

1 minute ago, Magsz said:

I actually brain farted and didnt ask but the sales guy said that they came with four 21 rd magazines which would lead me to believe, yes, 9mm.  HA, I was so excited I lost all ability to reason and just screamed "take my money!".

Congrats! looking forward to all these reviews. If I can get to a phone before they close I am going to call them about when we can order the grip module and possibly the slides and barrels.

44 minutes ago, Magsz said:

I just spoke with Sig.  The guns are only being produced in 9mm right now.  No .40 caliber slides.  I didnt ask if/when that was going to change.

They do plan on producing them in .40 as well but I wouldn't expect that until at least 2018