Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, J-Rob said:

Do you guys think the regular P320 grip tape will fit the new X5 frame well?

No. Textured grip sections are recessed and very different in size and couture.

There is a very good chance that Springer Precision will have precut grip tape for the X grip soon.  

On January 25, 2017 at 1:16 PM, alma said:

Should be similar to existing P320s but with a reprofiled trigger. There were apparently multiple reasons for this which included cost, schedule, maintaining compatibility across the P320 line, and IPSC Production legality. Grayguns does have a drop in trigger that has been released that acts similar to a Glock 3.5lb connector, taking about 2lb off of the pull. They have additional work that they are performing in house to fit a new sear and reduced power sear springs etc. 

Do you know if the GG drop in flat trigger is profile compatible with the X5? I mean will it be Prod legal when the X5 is?

4 hours ago, gavagai said:

Do you know if the GG drop in flat trigger is profile compatible with the X5? I mean will it be Prod legal when the X5 is?

That's the hope. Bruce Gray spoke with DNROI at shot and gave him samples of the current triggers. Bruce already got the not from him about the curved profile triggers while while they were at Production Nationals last year. I stressed to Bruce that something in writing will be required. There are a few other potential paths to assure the GGI triggers are production legal that could be used in the near future. I will try to come back and post here when I hear something definitive. 

1 hour ago, J-Rob said:

If I want to remove the X5 magwell, what magazine will I need to fit flush with the frame instead of the extended magazines that are included? 

The current 17 round magazines will fit flush once the wings have been removed from the base pads or the base pads have been swapped out for an alternative style like the Springer Precision .25 or .375 pads. Around March SIG should also start selling 17 round magazines equipped with the base pads for the X-Carry and VTac; the ones without wings already that have a slightly longer front. 

2 hours ago, chopinlover said:

Is X5 really coming to the market this month? I heard from some dealers that sig won't start shipping them out until June. JUNE, wth...

Not June. What I heard is a big push for the 5X. As long a nothing has changed I would expect it to be legal by Optics Nationals. 

On 2/8/2017 at 6:35 PM, chopinlover said:

Is X5 really coming to the market this month? I heard from some dealers that sig won't start shipping them out until June. JUNE, wth...

At Shot Sig said the first batch of the X5 will be at retailers by the end of February, beginning of March.

1 hour ago, troupe said:

My dealer listed some Sigs the other day on his web site and he called it Sig Thursday and when I noticed it, I just knew the X5 had come in.  No luck though.  I picked at him about it.

Really? He got the gun in stock??

Hope that is not the case, already starting to sound like the Target.  I think with Phil involved, it should not be the case.  Phil and Kyle were shooters long before they signed on with Sig, and they are very aware as to what shooters want.  2500 pistols is small change to Sig, but the market really would react to the positive of such a fine pistol.