Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Nickel Plating Recommendations

McKinney

I am looking for recommendations for someone who could do nickel plating on an old S&W Model 10 revolver. 

A little backstory on the revolver in question. It was my grandfather's pride and joy up until he passed in 1989. My grandmother put it in a leather holster, wrapped it up, and put it in her cedar chest for well over 30 years. The nickel plating is in flaking off in places. I would like to get the revolver back to like new condition as I know that she would appreciate it.

I understand that re-finishing a firearm hurts its value, but this is more sentimental than monetary. I have contacted Smith & Wesson directly and they are no longer offering nickel plating services. I went to Briley Mfg in Houston and they do not do the same nickel finish as what is on the revolver. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

Just received a photo back from APW Cogan of the finished revolver. I ended up going with a brushed chrome finish in the end. They cleaned up the engraving and we ordered some new grips for it.  From the photos it came out really nice. Looking forward to getting it back. 

IMG_1921.PNG

IMG_1916.JPG