Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GreyGuns 320 Trigger is Available

Blue Jacket

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Strader said they were building and shipping 2500 X5s. Then they were going to USPSA for approval. Flat triggers from Sig should be legal but what about aftermarket triggers from Apex and GGI? I think they would be because people use Cajun hammers in their P-09s and they approved the 10x bushing as a replacement for SP01s.

How do you determine demand 100% accurately?  You cant.  You produce a run, you sell out and then you produce a second.  Over reaching is a surefire way to go out of business if you have too much product sitting on the shelves and not enough demand.

I ordered one too and in hindsight realized that the flat trigger will probably become production legal to at some point which is disappointing.  I would have preferred a flat trigger.  Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 and its not approved yet...

One thing I dont understand is how that curved trigger is production approved.  It looks NOTHING like the factory trigger bow which has its corners radiused quite generously.  That curved trigger has almost a square face...

"Curved face version. Not the flat face."

Not sure what the basis/logic is for that conclusion.  The rules state:

8.2.1.2 SSP Permitted Modifications (Inclusive list):

1. Sights may be changed to another notch and post type. Slides may not be machined to accept different style sights.

2. Grips may be changed to another style or material that is similar to factory configuration and do not weigh more than 2.00 oz. more than the factory standard weight for that model.

3. Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed on standard production firearms. Special parts that are available installed only from a factory custom shop are not eligible in SSP.

Since the both the curved and flat triggers are from GGI and not Sig, I would think neither of them would be IPDA legal.  

"Curved face version. Not the flat face."

Not sure what the basis/logic is for that conclusion.  The rules state:

8.2.1.2 SSP Permitted Modifications (Inclusive list):

1. Sights may be changed to another notch and post type. Slides may not be machined to accept different style sights.

2. Grips may be changed to another style or material that is similar to factory configuration and do not weigh more than 2.00 oz. more than the factory standard weight for that model.

3. Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed on standard production firearms. Special parts that are available installed only from a factory custom shop are not eligible in SSP.

Since the both the curved and flat triggers are from GGI and not Sig, I would think neither of them would be IPDA legal.  

I don't play the IDPA thing anymore because I like to shoot.

All those rules say to me is; when the Vtac is approved, flat face triggers will be legal in SSP.

Too many Glocks with aftermarket triggers that look identical get by in SSP all the time. I did it when I shot SWIN a few years back.

If it's an obvious replacement, then you just flip over to ESP.

Not my rules, it's how the game is played.

I got mine in yesterday and finally got to install it today.

The pistol fails to reset with every combination of new and old parts I could try.  Awesome...99 bucks for a small piece of metal plus nine dollars for first class snail mail and it doesnt even work due to tolerance issues...

The trigger bar is failing to drop off of the sear unless i mush the trigger to the rear.  Its almost like there's not enough over travel in the system.  To say im frustrating is an understatement.

Also, a few other observations from when the pistol DID actually reset/cock itself a few times.  I can feel the lighter trigger but the pre travel is very gritty.  I feel like the portion of the trigger shoe where it connects to the chassis probably should get some polishing.  I can definitely feel the lighter weight.

The trigger profile is interesting.  I have the "Curved" trigger and the face is pretty flat.  I think its HILARIOUS that this is production legal as it does NOT clone the factory profile.  Political shenanigans at work...

All in all, this whole experience of waiting for so long and then being disappointed has left a sour taste in my mouth.  Ive bought a variety of parts from CGW, Apex, Zev, DK, Vanek, Glocktriggers, etc etc and ive never felt like I wasted my money.

Edited by Magsz

I got mine in yesterday and finally got to install it today.

The pistol fails to reset with every combination of new and old parts I could try.  Awesome...99 bucks for a small piece of metal plus nine dollars for first class snail mail and it doesnt even work due to tolerance issues...

The trigger bar is failing to drop off of the sear unless i mush the trigger to the rear.  Its almost like there's not enough over travel in the system.  To say im frustrating is an understatement.

Also, a few other observations from when the pistol DID actually reset/cock itself a few times.  I can feel the lighter trigger but the pre travel is very gritty.  I feel like the portion of the trigger shoe where it connects to the chassis probably should get some polishing.  I can definitely feel the lighter weight.

The trigger profile is interesting.  I have the "Curved" trigger and the face is pretty flat.  I think its HILARIOUS that this is production legal as it does NOT clone the factory profile.  Political shenanigans at work...

All in all, this whole experience of waiting for so long and then being disappointed has left a sour taste in my mouth.  Ive bought a variety of parts from CGW, Apex, Zev, DK, Vanek, Glocktriggers, etc etc and ive never felt like I wasted my money.

IIRC, I believe your issue was expected.

There were some instructions to call and get it resolved.

Interesting! I had a similar issue today upon installation with reset at first but once I got it to reset the trigger was somewhat gritty, not much but noticeable. And most annoying was the "double click" when dry firing - that drove me crazy! Because my trigger already broke smoothly at a tad under 3.5 lbs, I would say with the new parts it broke closer to 4 lbs.

I solved my issues by re-installing my old parts so now I'm a happy guy again. I'll try the new parts when I get another 320, might work just fine in that one! 

Titan how did you get a 3.5 pull. I don't have a gauge, but mine isn't close to that. 

I installed my Trigger had no problems other than when I put the new roll pin in I knocked the pin out that goes through the assembly. Took me awhile to figure out where the little spring that fell out went. 

I would say it did what Bruce indicated in the video. I would guess it's now 4.5 -5 lbs. Its going to the range tonight 

Hey Blue Jacket - I meant to say my old trigger parts gave me a pull of 3.5 lbs. The new parts were a lot closer to 4 or a tad over that. Like Quack, my parts in it now are all stock with full power striker. I did a lot of polishing and removed one of the two sear springs - took a lot of polish it then try it many times before I got it where it is now. I was hoping that the new trigger kit would get me to 3 lbs or less but it didn't happen on this pistol. I'll be getting another 320 soon enough so hopefully the kit will work better in another pistol.