Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to USPSA/3-Gun in Northeast Kansas

HonorableHojutsu

I am a newly joined member of USPSA. I am so new that I am totally unclassified in everything and only have my USPSA number right now. I want to start out in the total stock/factory classifications so I can compete with what I have right now.

When I say new, I also mean I have a couple pistols (one 9mm and one .40 S&W), a flattop AR-15 that I can mount a red dot upon, and a half shotgun in 20 gauge (it was gifted to me without a barrel) and a 3.5 inch shell pump action that I will need to take the Knoxx SpecOps recoil reduction stock off of if I want to shoot it in 3-Gun.

I have no gear belt, no holster, no mag holders, no shell caddies. How is that for "wet behind the ears"?

In any case, I am looking forward to getting into the USPSA sport first before I worry about 3-Gun.

Any clubs nearby?    Along with researching the daylights out of this forum, it will be good to see what other competitors in the area are using before you start plunking down the dollars.

I don't know where you are located, but around here there is always someone at the match willing to share a holster or a few magazines to help you get started.

I'm near Topeka, Kansas. So far I founda range that hosts many different events so they are more relaxed regarding many of the expectations for shooting, such as allowing rapid fire, practice drawing from a holster, and similar. I am looking forward to shooting there before I start competition in USPSA.