Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou bullets free shipping 1-10 cases

jcc7x7

Sometime back I had read that there were a few QC problems with the Bayou bullets after the company was sold.  I have shot Bayou bullets for about as long as they have been in business.  This is not to hammer them I just wanted to see if anyone knew if everything was ironed out now before I order 3 or 4 cases of bullets.  

2 hours ago, 21 shooter said:

Sometime back I had read that there were a few QC problems with the Bayou bullets after the company was sold.  I have shot Bayou bullets for about as long as they have been in business.  This is not to hammer them I just wanted to see if anyone knew if everything was ironed out now before I order 3 or 4 cases of bullets.  

Haven't heard of any problems.  Donny is still involved, and the new owner is just as responsive as he was. 

13 hours ago, Sarge said:

I didn't realize there are bullet companies that charge shipping!

They all do, of course - it's bundled into the case price.  When BBI has a sale price for delivery at matches, they've usually just taken the shipping out of the price. 

8 hours ago, teros135 said:

They all do, of course - it's bundled into the case price.  When BBI has a sale price for delivery at matches, they've usually just taken the shipping out of the price. 

That's true with anything I suppose? I just didn't realize there was a bullet maker that "charged" shipping separately. I wonder how many people click off to another brand when they don't see the typical "cost includes shipping"?

I have had no problems with bayou over the last year.  I have used 6,000 plus and no complaints.  I just ordered from sns a few days before this "sale" but I usually try to switch up my bulk ammo orders to try different sizes,profiles etc from as many vendors that support the sport as possible.

A few years back I had an issue with the coating on my Bayous. I called Bayou and we chatted about it. I got a case of 135gr 9mm and the coating was flaking off some, not all. Well Bayou sent me a whole case and told me to keep the others, I shot them all. So I can say Bayou stands by it's product.

1,000 of their 150gr SWC 9mm in my garage.

I'm already 1000 rounds into the 6,000 bullet purchase. Other than them all weighing 147-148 grains, which is not a factor since it's consistent, they are pretty much unremarkable in a good way.

They also don't leave holes that are any cleaner than a flat-point 9mm bullet, but I'd been warned about that before purchasing.

There is no accuracy problems with Bayou's the problem is probably your seating die,you need to check your dies. Even if you bell the mouth of the case to accept lead or coated bullets, sometime the seating die will take the bell out as you are seating them and scrape the coating and lead off. I found that to be the issue with Lee, RCBS, and Hornady. What I did was bell my cases as usual, measure the bell, then I tested in the seating die and sure enough it took the bell out just after the case entered. So what I did was bore my seating dies to the diameter of my belled case, on the hornady die I opened up the floating plug to the belled case diameter. For example my 9mm is .385, my .45 Lee is .482, You can test this by seating a bullet in a case then pulling the bullet, if the coating or lead is scaped you need to open up your die. After I did my dies I did this test and bullets were perfect. This also improved the accuracy I was getting. I have been using Bayou's since he first started making them and have never had an issue with the quality.