Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Solfest load that will cycle in mpx gen 2

Mine won't cycle 147 factory ammo all the time.. what have y'all found that works in yours? Won't to try some different loads for mine when it gets back from sig..(something wrong with gas system, wouldn't cycle anything).. have a jp on the way if they don't get it straightened out 

My gen2 pistol will now run 147g Xtreme on 3.4gr of Tite Group. It needed break in with about 700 rounds of factory ammo and then a really good cleaning. My gen2 carbine won't run 100% yet with that load but it's getting better. Main issue of FTE. I'm trying 124g next at 4.1gr of TG. 

Did you send it to Sig to open the gas port?  As I hear it they will open it from the .045 to .050 that was the dimension in the Gen 1s.  

To answer your question though I am running 3.5 of E3 under a 125 moly at 1.135.  It is higher than 130 PF but still stupid soft.  

Edited by Neomet

I found that in my 16" gun my 125gr Montana Gould JHP @ 1290fps (5.6gr N340)  was softer than the same bullet @ 1160 fps (5.4gr 3N37). I am convinced you can short cycle this system and induce more recoil and counter recoil bounce, while still ejecting and feeding.  The 3N37 load was initially 1090 fps and not  reliable brass fell out the ejection port at your feet. I reduced the OAL an gave it a bit more crimp to get it to 1160fps. Any NATO/ European spec 124gr 9X19 ammo is going to be 1280-1325fps. The ability to simply buy good factory ammo for a flyaway major match instead of having to bring hand loads on an airline is one of the reasons I like PCC. Another reason is if Iam low on brass I simply buy a case of good NATO/ European spec 124gr 9X19 ammo that matches my reloads.

Edited by 2011BLDR

Kevin, I do think you are onto something.  I haven't quit playing with higher PF loads just yet but at this point I tend to agree.  I was at 2.7-2.8 E3 for 130pf and am running 3.6 now.  The dot seems to have less bounce and I honestly don't notice much difference in recoil.  I have no idea why and want to compare again to be sure but if this works I can have one load for my MPX, my 3 gun Tac Sport and my Production Shadow.  Win!!  

• 8 months later...

IN my Aero survival rifle, 3.9 grains of VV320, behind a 115 grain fmj, gets me about 137pf. Gun has a comp, and recoil reducers in the stock.

In my MPX, which really only has about a 14" barrel, with the comp, welded on from the factory, the mentioned load only generates 120pf. I'm now running Extreme 115 hp bullets, with 4.2 grains of VV 320 behind them, to get 135pf.

I'd also tried some loads with Autocomp, and VV350, to see if they would work the comps at all, but, went back to VV320.

I tried heavy bullets in both carbines, and didn't like them at all.

Hello: I am using Acme 115's, 3.8 grains of Tite Group, Winchester small pistol primers, 1.125"OAL. It gives me 133-137PF out of a 8" barrel. I am really liking this load for USPSA pistol matches. I will try some 124's next. I don't like the 147's but they are very accurate at 50 yards that I tested them at. I still have not tested the 115's out to 100 yards yet. When I tested bullets before the 124's did better at 100 yards. Thanks, Eric

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am using Acme 115's, 3.8 grains of Tite Group, Winchester small pistol primers, 1.125"OAL. It gives me 133-137PF out of a 8" barrel. I am really liking this load for USPSA pistol matches. I will try some 124's next. I don't like the 147's but they are very accurate at 50 yards that I tested them at. I still have not tested the 115's out to 100 yards yet. When I tested bullets before the 124's did better at 100 yards. Thanks, Eric

For me to do some really meaningful accuracy testing, I’d have to put a rifle scope on.

That said, even with the big dot, my load, with Extreme 115 grain h.p. bullets group under an inch at 50 yards, which is as far as I will ever shoot at a USPSA, or IDPA match.

If I ever decided to do a regular PCC match, or a 3-gun match, where I would expect the targets to be further than 50 yards, I’d put a scope on.

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Anyone have a good steel challenge load for their MPX? Going to try 115's with 3.6 grains of Tite Group. Thanks, Eric

I noticed that there’s a difference in what my 2 will run.

That said, with the one that works with the lightest loads, it would be right on the edge of reliability, but, shooting steel, with only 10 in the mag, you might be ok

On 1/19/2017 at 10:36 AM, Posvar said:

My gen2 pistol will now run 147g Xtreme on 3.4gr of Tite Group. It needed break in with about 700 rounds of factory ammo and then a really good cleaning. My gen2 carbine won't run 100% yet with that load but it's getting better. Main issue of FTE. I'm trying 124g next at 4.1gr of TG. 

Same load I was using. It was 100% for me but that was after 2k+ rounds. I actually found out by mistake. From all the different bullets and powder, I found out that heavier and slow was always the best for the MPX. I found 124gr (I used CFE-P/ WAC) gave me the best muzzle management.

Edited by MrRick