Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New shooter in South Jersey (Philadelphia)

homewrecker07

Hello everyone!

Recently picked up a Witness and seems like this is the best forum besides the CZ/Reddit subforum for them. I'm learning a great deal and can't wait to shoot a local club's IDPA match. Still need 2 more mags, holster and pouches so I'll get to looking for whatever fits.

Started off with a Jericho 941 9mm Poly but now I'm infatuated with Tanfos. Might even sell it to fuel this obsession. Also have a 10/22 in a P90 bullpup stock. Fun to shoot but I probably can't use it for 3 gun lol

Every RO/MD has different feelings re: picking up brass.

Some ranges won't allow it, some will have a pick up squad

following behind you as you shoot, and everything in between.

I've found that if the RO has a .38 super, he's probably going

to be very lenient on picking up brass.

Just watch what everyone else does, and do that.

If you don't, about a year from now you'll kick yourself

for spending $100 to buy some used brass to start reloading :) 

8 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome from a new fellow new member.. I'll second the brass pick up. I've been shooting for quite a while and haven't gotten into reloading yet but, have been collecting brass for the past ten years. The private range I am a member at requires you police your own brass anyways and the local matches require each squad to clean up as well after they've shot the stage. 

I've probably given away ten's of thousands of brass I've picked up over the years and can conservatively say that I still have close to 60K rounds of 5.56, .308, and 9mm brass collectively.