Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness P Match Pro...

Bapple

I see this is a new offering this year.  I am a bit intrigued by the lightness of the polymer series and perhaps getting the same trigger feel as my steel Tanfo's.  

I can't seem to find anything online about them yet.  Anyone here have any news on these?

My Stock 2 is approx 43oz.  The new Witness P Match Pro is showing 30oz in the catalog I have.  13oz weight savings seems significant to me.  I am not comparing a full size with a compact so the difference there is of no concern to me.

Also, the P Match Pro has 4.75" barrel compared to my Stock 2 4.5" barrel.  P Match Pro has 19rd capacity in 9mm.  This all looks great to me.

Edited by Bapple

First, I never said this was a carry gun or had anything to do with carry.  It is a match gun and full sized.

Secondly, a lighter gun should point faster and transition faster.  Some people like those characteristics more than others so YMMV.

Last, why would I buy one?  Why not?  It is another Tanfo and you can never have too many.  Would be fun to compare with the Steel framed counterparts.

Hey, I look forward to hearing the results.

But I just spent roughly $1,500 getting rid of a polymer framed match gun. So watching someone else grab a plastic Tanfo is interesting.

Aside from the trigger mechanism and higher level of accuracy, the extra weight to is one of the 40+ ounce Tanfoglios key advantages over 24 oz of polymer.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

The length of the barrel matter less in a pistol... To an extent. Its not like a rifle where I'm trying to get as much velocity as I can, which leads to accuracy (all else being equal, which is a lot to ask). But the way the barrel locks up is 90% of the accuracy of a pistol. The cone fit barrels lock up very well and have consistent accuracy. Bushed barreles not quite as much. The issue is that the sights are on the slide. The barrel needs to lock up to the slide as tightly and consistently as possible. So an extra .5 inches of barrel fitted with a bushing really isn't something to write home about. But if it's a conre fit... Hell yea. 

I'm rather curious about this as well. Wonder if there are any over at SHOT to have the guys there take a look at this weekend.

Just found this video from Shot Show 2 days ago.  I think the video shows the Polymer Match which is SA.  The Match Pro should be DA/SA.  

The Match does not look to have the cone fit barrel if that matters to you.

Edited by Bapple

It's probably designed to bridge the gap by getting guys to switch from a lighter 24oz glock into another polymer gun with a bit more weight and features from the euro style guns....
not going to sell much I'm sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk