Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking to buy new Limited gun?

bovine5088

CK or BarSto either will make you a great gun

I prefer plastic grips, it's just me, had a PT on my Akai and changed it back to the plastic Akai textured grip. Just like them better than steel but I' think I'm in the minority.

If I really liked metal guns think I'd have a Caspain frame gun built, especially since there is good mags available now. (MBX)

I've be though all of this over the past few months... Bought a DVC Limited ran it for a few months.  The DVC was a nice gun but never 100% reliable.  I sold it and did what I should have done in the first place.

I bought a Freedom Gunworks/CK Thunder Limited. 

(sorry about the lint on the muzzle, didn't see it until after I had posted)

FGW_closecrop.jpg

Edited by Chutist

On 1/17/2017 at 1:31 PM, bovine5088 said:

C k arms 40 steel grip thoughts good bad. Bar sto BS 40 does anybody have any experience with these gun thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have shot my buddy Thunder couple of times. Nice shooter. I to was in your position months ago. Was calling and talking with every builder out there. I ended up going with SV build. I didn't really want to wait that long but what you get is a true one off custom. Every request I've had they did. You only live once and that's why I went with SV. Performance, reliability, customer service etc is second to none. Was it worth the money I will see but from everybody I've talked with about SV I will be amazed at the quality and workmanship of the gun. This will be my first SV so time will tell if it's the rolls Royce of the shooting world like people say. Good luck and do your homework. And yes Adam does great work at atlas. My edge is tuned up by Adam. 

12 hours ago, Chutist said:

I've be though all of this over the past few months... Bought a DVC Limited ran it for a few months.  The DVC was a nice gun but never 100% reliable.  I sold it and did what I should have done in the first place.

I bought a Freedom Gunworks/CK Thunder Limited. 

(sorry about the lint on the muzzle, didn't see it until after I had posted)

FGW_closecrop.jpg

Where's your grip screw on the top of the trigger guard???

My dad got a CK a month or so ago and it's really nice.  I think I'm going to be grabbing one myself.  If I had another $1k to spend, I'd probably be looking at Atlas or Akai, but alas, I'm also upgrading some of my 3gune equipment before the season starts...

3 hours ago, bovine5088 said:

Thanks for the info. Much appreciate what was the build time on your sv? If you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 months into build and still waiting. SV said 12-15 months. Most people I've spoken with said they got it at the 13-14 month mark.