Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best die setup for loading 40 cal match ammo

Just seeing what you guys are using. My current setup is a Dillon resize die, Lee seater and crimp die. Want to have a second toolhead just for comp loads. Hate switching all my settings to load 40 ammo for my Glock's and XDs. Was thinking about going with Dillon sizer, Redding comp seater micrometer and lee factory crimp die for the comp toolhead. Let me know what y'all have. This is for a Dillon 650 press. I also run all my brass through a grx push die so I don't have to use a u die for resizing. 

Edited by Dirtchevy841

3 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Was thinking about going with Dillon sizer, Redding comp seater micrometer and lee factory crimp die for the comp toolhead. Let me know what y'all have. 

That is exactly what I have on a 550. Works fine, but I do not shoot any of my 40 brass in a Glock so I'm not sure if Glock bulge will be a thing to worry about.

If I was buying new I would try the EGW .001" undersized sizing/depriming die. 

3 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

That is exactly what I have on a 550. Works fine, but I do not shoot any of my 40 brass in a Glock so I'm not sure if Glock bulge will be a thing to worry about.

If I was buying new I would try the EGW .001" undersized sizing/depriming die. 

I don't worry about Glock brass since I run all my 40 brass through the grx die. Full length resize basically when you use grx. 

19 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Just seeing what you guys are using. My current setup is a Dillon resize die, Lee seater and crimp die. Want to have a second toolhead just for comp loads. Hate switching all my settings to load 40 ammo for my Glock's and XDs. Was thinking about going with Dillon sizer, Redding comp seater micrometer and lee factory crimp die for the comp toolhead. Let me know what y'all have. This is for a Dillon 650 press. I also run all my brass through a grx push die so I don't have to use a u die for resizing. 

Also a 650: Machined/clamped-down tool head; Redding dual-ring sizer/decapper; Dillon powder with MBF funnel (love this thing); Redding comp seater/micrometer; Dillon crimp.

2 hours ago, BBQRibs said:

Also a 650: Machined/clamped-down tool head; Redding dual-ring sizer/decapper; Dillon powder with MBF funnel (love this thing); Redding comp seater/micrometer; Dillon crimp.

This is probably the set up I will go with. And yes I do use the uniquetek clamped toolhead they are great. Only thing is I may stick with the Lee factory crimp with adjustment screw. Thanks.