Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone try an aac 9mm barrel?

rustybayonet

I never heard of them.

I know guys that have Storm Lakes, and they seem to have short chambers, and sometimes fit well, sometimes not.

KKM is a good drop in, but, in my pistols, they seem to prefer 115 jhp, or, 160 black bullets. Everything in between is 3-4" groups at 25 yards

I had an Apex, gunsmith-fit bbl put in to my 9mm Pro, and with 124-125 jhps, it really tries to shoot an inch at 25 yards, but, there seems to always be a flier. I only have maybe 100 rounds through it so far, and I can see it is already wearing in. I have more loads to try through it. In my initial testing 115 jhp, 147 jhp, and 160 black bullets all seemed to want to shoot 2-3" at 25 yards. The worst was coated 122. I think they were like 4-5" at 25 yards.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an AAC threaded barrel for 9mm to put a Surefire Ryder9 Ti on.  Seems to be a good quality barrel.  Dropped right in and shoots accurately.  Only complaint is that the thread protector doesn't want to stay on, so I either have to loctite it or keep checking it every few rounds, which is a PITA.

On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 at 11:20 PM, kcobean said:

I bought an AAC threaded barrel for 9mm to put a Surefire Ryder9 Ti on.  Seems to be a good quality barrel.  Dropped right in and shoots accurately.  Only complaint is that the thread protector doesn't want to stay on, so I either have to loctite it or keep checking it every few rounds, which is a PITA.

I have an M&P45 with the threaded barrel, I used some blue loctite, so far so good.

On 2/8/2017 at 1:52 PM, shooting for M said:

The blue locktite didn't work real well on my storm lake threaded barrel. A 1/2" o ring did the trick, like $0.50 at Ace, about 1000 rounds so far and it stays tight.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Does the o-ring just go down at the shoulder of the threads?

Does the o-ring just go down at the shoulder of the threads?

Yes. Someone somewhere suggested scuba because they were made from a better more heat resistant rubber. I don't know much about those, but the regular ones seem to work fine for me.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk