Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Older 650 Link Arm Lube ?

I have an older 650 that does not have any zerk fittings on the link arms.

There is a hole on the main press body close to the ram shaft on the left side and then another hole on the crank block. 

Since the newer 650's have zerk fittings on the link arms, I figure mine must need grease where that hole is on the link arm and the crank block.  The hole is smaller than 2mm and I can not find a syringe that will fit into the hole.  While reading the forum, I have seen some sort of contraption that people have said to use.  However, the contraption does not have a name or a manufacture listed so I have not been able to resource one.  Also it looks like the contraption's diameter is to large for the hole and therefore the grease will be going everywhere except into the hole.

Also, should the grease be applied to the hole on the main bady assembly?

Any help as to how to do this or the name of the contraption and where it can be purchase would be of great help.  Also how often should the greasing be done?

Thanks

The contraption I used before getting a 650 with zerks was a snap on brand air ratchet greaser. It has a sharp point the you stick in there and pump away. Worked perfect.

Edited by Sarge

Thanks for the quick and informative reply Sarge.
 I saw that tool somewhere before while surfing the WWW.  However, it appeared to me that the injection nozzle was to  large to go into the hole, so the search continued.

I will get one ordered from Snap On as it looks like it is not made from Reynolds Aluminum Wrap like the one I saw previously and away we go.

Many Thanks

This is what I use:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Care-LG001PC2-Grease-Gun-LG001PC2/203555748?keyword=chainsaw+grease

If you have trouble with the link just go to Home Depots website and search for LG001PC2 and you should find it. 

I've been using one of these for years and they work great.

Edited by RichJacot
url issue

9 hours ago, RichJacot said:

This is what I use:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Care-LG001PC2-Grease-Gun-LG001PC2/203555748?keyword=chainsaw+grease

If you have trouble with the link just go to Home Depots website and search for LG001PC2 and you should find it. 

Thanks, Rich! This works great!

12 hours ago, RichJacot said:

This is what I use:

Even more perfect!!!!   I have Stihl chain saws, but they do not have a grease point so I did not know this tool existed.

Great follow up Rich.  I think I like this one best as it is smaller and appears easy yo use.

Lucky me................they have it in stock at 1 of my local HD stores.   

52 minutes ago, RiggerJJ said:

There is a retro-fit kit available from Dillon that replaces the pins and has zerks installed, I think it costs about $65...contact Dillon. Its well worth it. I put one on my 650 and my 900.

jj

Yup, that will happen when I do a major tune-up.