Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Psa extractor broke

Broke the extractor on my psa 9mm over the weekend. 

Psa won't send the part, have to send the entire bolt in for repair. Got a RA number but would rather replace on my own Instead of sending the whole bolt. Is there something special about replacing this extractor? Looks like it's held in with a pin, shouldn't be an issue???

Does anyone know if another brand extractor will fit? 

Would like to maybe also get a spare. kinda a PIA to send it in for an extractor repair. 

Thanks. 

Brownells also offers the CMMG bolt rebuild kit.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/parts-kits/repair-parts-kits/ar-15-m16-mk9-9mm-bolt-rehab-kit-prod65677.aspx

Recently went on backorder as is the Colt 9mm firing pin and extractor.

Edit: Just noticed Optics Planet has the CMMG kit in stock at a better price.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Just received the parts from CMMG after only 2 days, WOW. Brownells would be another week!

Extractor is slightly different in apperance, dimensions seem to be the same. Dummy rounds seem to load and extract/eject fine. Will live fire test this weekend. 

Thanks,

4 hours ago, tnoble said:

Just received the parts from CMMG after only 2 days, WOW. Brownells would be another week!

Extractor is slightly different in apperance, dimensions seem to be the same. Dummy rounds seem to load and extract/eject fine. Will live fire test this weekend. 

Thanks,

Do the other parts in the kit also look like they will fit?

It apears that the other parts will fit, however I didn't pull the firing and test fit. You can order the extractor by its self, I just gambled the extra $12 for the whole kit. Figured it wouldn't hurt to have an extra firing pin. Also have a couple people that would take the CMMG pin off my hands if needed...... It apears to be a stainless steel pin vs the blue that some have mentioned come in there guns  

thanks,