Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIAP rowdyb shooting new IDPA Classifier

fastlane604

Sorry if this has been posted and discussed, but I just discovered rowdyb's youtube video on shooting the new IDPA classifier. Since we have snow and ice and I won't be shooting it for some time, it was great to get a look at what a Master run looks like. Thanks, Rowdy. By the way, what gun were you shooting?

I shot this the day the first of the "new" rulebooks came out. Since then it's already changed with the addition of fault lines at the barrels for the classifier and the -0 scoring zone addition to the head. And rumor is the rules will be changed again here soon.....

But thank you for the compliment. I was shooting a regular CZ SP01 Shadow as built by Automatic Accuracy, RLN Custom holster and pouches and CR Speed EDC belt.

Fewer strings, no head shots out of the holster, fewer shots at distance and only one kind of reload. I think my summation still stands, this is a shorter, less complex COF but a decent test of IDPA skills. I also think the skills are a little technically easier, so that people should be able with practice to shoot a higher classification than the could previously if they were close.

Again, thank you for the compliments and interest in my shooting. I hope you get out of the snow and ice and can start your outdoor shooting again soon!

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I shot this the day the first of the "new" rulebooks came out. Since then it's already changed with the addition of fault lines at the barrels for the classifier and the -0 scoring zone addition to the head. And rumor is the rules will be changed again here soon.....

But thank you for the compliment. I was shooting a regular CZ SP01 Shadow as built by Automatic Accuracy, RLN Custom holster and pouches and CR Speed EDC belt.

Fewer strings, no head shots out of the holster, fewer shots at distance and only one kind of reload. I think my summation still stands, this is a shorter, less complex COF but a decent test of IDPA skills. I also think the skills are a little technically easier, so that people should be able with practice to shoot a higher classification than the could previously if they were close.

Again, thank you for the compliments and interest in my shooting. I hope you get out of the snow and ice and can start your outdoor shooting again soon!

You're welcome.