Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I join?

rowdyb

So I shot my first club Steel Challenge match this weekend. Seemed a fun distraction so I'd like to join and have what I do go towards a classification. I go to the SC page and everything I click on to join is just a paragraph about SC being bought by USPSA. I'm a USPSA member already, does that make me a SC member already?

I thought SC had divisions similar to USPSA but at my  local match I was just "center fire pistol open", shooting my carry optics USPSA gun and "pistol caliber carbine open" shooting my PCC rifle. I mainly shoot Production and thought for sure there was a division for that.....

Anyways, how do I get in as a member, and does my club need to change some things so that I'm entered correctly. (It definitely had the feel of "just for fun" from everyone and no one on the results page has a classification or a number......) Results HERE

And looking at my results I shot say Five to Go in 12.07 with my PCC and 13.86 with my CO gun. Looking on the SC website it has "Peak Stage Time" for SC-101 as 11.50 and 13.00 for PCCO and CO respectively.

Does that mean my classification for that stage would be what??? I can't find a SC classifier calc online....

Thank you.

7 hours ago, rowdyb said:

And looking at my results I shot say Five to Go in 12.07 with my PCC and 13.86 with my CO gun. Looking on the SC website it has "Peak Stage Time" for SC-101 as 11.50 and 13.00 for PCCO and CO respectively.

A 12.10 or faster for 5 to go in PCC is GM level time based on our current PST's.  13.68 would be GM for CO so you're in the M class range for that one.

7 hours ago, rowdyb said:

So I shot my first club Steel Challenge match this weekend. Seemed a fun distraction so I'd like to join and have what I do go towards a classification. I go to the SC page and everything I click on to join is just a paragraph about SC being bought by USPSA. I'm a USPSA member already, does that make me a SC member already?

I thought SC had divisions similar to USPSA but at my  local match I was just "center fire pistol open", shooting my carry optics USPSA gun and "pistol caliber carbine open" shooting my PCC rifle. I mainly shoot Production and thought for sure there was a division for that.....

Anyways, how do I get in as a member, and does my club need to change some things so that I'm entered correctly. (It definitely had the feel of "just for fun" from everyone and no one on the results page has a classification or a number......) Results HERE

As a current USPSA member you're automatically an SCSA member. 

Our SCSA divisions mirror USPSA divisions except for PCC. We spit them between irons and optics like we do rimfire pistol and rimfire rifle. You will need to speak with the MD about the divisions. If they are running it as a Steel Challenge match they should recognize all 13 Steel Challenge Divisions.

Looking at the results link I see that USPSA numbers are missing. Without those the results won't get picked up for classification. The divisions would need to be corrected. CFPI and CFPO are not valid division names. Finally the results would need to be uploaded to the Steel Challenge web site and activity fee paid before they would be used for classification. If the club hasn't done so they will need to submit their affiliation paperwork. Just like USPSA clubs we have to re-affiliate on a yearly basis. The good thing is if you shoot USPSA at the same club you can affiliate Steel Challenge for free.

Well thank you soo much! I just sent an email to my club's president asking the best way to address getting our SC matches to be "real", us affiliated and the divisions corrected and so on. I know it's primarily a 'fun' match at our club, but if I'm gonna go it has to count. Our SC director is well liked and likes running the matches, I hope I'm not stepping on toes or talking myself into a job.

Ok, so if I'm already a member I can sign up for SC matches at other clubs, just give them my uspsa number and division and be good to go? Sounds good.

Yes.  USPSA # = SCSA #

as to making your SC matches "real" it sounds like your MD will need to make some changes ... It's not really all that hard. In Practiscore you can select the "default" steel challenge match when you setup a match and all official 8 stages are put in.  Then if you don't plan to run all 8 you simply delete the stages you don't need.  It also lets you select all the correct divisions as well.  Once the match is done you run what is called the classifer report which formats the results correctly, email that file to yourself then go to the steel challenge tab of USPSA website and upload the results, pay the activity fees and you're done. Anyone who gave you their USPSA/SCSA number will have their scores count toward classification in the appropriate division.

it takes me less than 5 mins once I get home from a match to verify scores and upload them to HQ ....