Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Double Click

rrickysee

I picked up a P320 Compact today, I noticed at the range that the trigger pull was inconsistent.  This is my 4th P320 and had not experienced this before.  When I got home I cleaned the gun and started to  do some dry firing. I noticed that sometimes after the striker had released that there would be a second click. I had not experienced this either with my other P320's. I decided to disassemble the FCU. I watched Alma's video on disassembling the FCU. When I removed the large pin that holds the lever and spring to the striker safety I could see that one of the springs to the sear was not in place (it was laying over sideways). I remove the smaller pin and remove the sear and found one of the springs was bent. I straightened out the spring put the FCU back together. I dry fire the gun and the boule click is gone and the trigger pull is consistent. I'll head to the range tomorrow to make sure everything is good. 

The double click is always there but timing is usually such that it's not noticeable. In extreme cases you can get variance in tolerances where in dry fire you can separate the striker release from the trigger reset (double click) but it's unlikely to give you problems in live fire. 

That's interesting about the sear spring. Glad you got it back together and it seems to be working correctly now. 

There may be two different double clicks then, because I haven't felt it in the other three guns and I don't feel it on this gun since I corrected the spring under the sear. This gun was very noticeable and the inconsistent trigger pull is the reason I disassembled the FCU. Either way once the spring (only one of the two was not in place) under the sear was straightened out and installed properly the double click is gone. I'm would think the spring laying sideways might cause some issues with the timing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...