Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enhancements to my 1050

Here are a few "enhancements" I came up with that I felt have helped me.  Thought I would share.

The first pic is a support for the case and Mr. BulletFeeder. My 1050 also has an AmmoBot, so this provides some support since the press is raised up quite a bit, and the case feeder support was not in contact with the bench. I took a ceiling fan support box from Home Depot, and cut it down.  The square tubing fits right into the support arm, and the lower bolt through the support arm works nicely to provide a stop.

The second pic is a piece of strapping I bent and drilled a 1/2" hole to capture the case shuttle. This keeps cases from being loaded when I am single cycling a load, trying to clear it, etc.

IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6468.JPG

Edited by GregJ

I used hook from a black rubber bungee, and an old die to wrap it around to get the right diameter, then made a loop for the tarp ball bungee to connect.  I trimmed it to get rid of the ball and the excess length.  The Mr. BF die doesnt need a lot to keep it secured, so far this has worked quite well. I know this is a common trick to get more down pressure on the MBF, but I have seen many different ways of securing the rubber band, thought I would share another way.

IMG_6469.JPG

Edited by GregJ

This is a metal plate I made to set a pan on top of at the rear of the press.  A lot of powder and the occasional primer finds it way back there, and I wanted to keep it off of  the AB motor. 

IMG_6471.JPG

I made a bunch of primer tubes from alum tubing that is available from McMaster-Carr.  The second pic shows a lip I put on so that the tube fits into the primer magazine cap.

Here is the info on the tubes for small and large primers.  I have used these tubes on my LNL for a few years, and they work great.

89965K188    Multipurpose Aluminum Tubing, 5/16" OD, .183" ID, .065" Wall Thick, 3' Length
  89965K472    Multipurpose Aluminum Tubing, 5/16" OD, .215" ID, .049" Wall Thickness, 3' Length

IMG_6472.JPG

IMG_6473.JPG

Edited by GregJ