Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

929 Lods with W231 or Clays

deerassassin22

Bayou Bullets 160 gr RN over 3.4 gr WW231 gives me a power factor of roughly 135 - makes minor for USPSA, I can drop it down to 3.2 grains of WW231 for a 128 power factor for ICORE. As always, start below these recommended powder weights and work you way up.

6 hours ago, cuzinvinny said:

Bayou Bullets 160 gr RN over 3.4 gr WW231 gives me a power factor of roughly 135 - makes minor for USPSA, I can drop it down to 3.2 grains of WW231 for a 128 power factor for ICORE. As always, start below these recommended powder weights and work you way up.

What dia were the 160's?

3.4 of W231 under a 145gr. RN Bayou Bullet has been running about 128pf for me. Mine is running the .355 dia. bullets nicely. This load is very soft shooting and constantly gets me heckled by friends about being sub-minor, but has held up against chrono.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got my 929 the other day and out to the range. I had no issues with RS Clips and Winchester Brass NO STICKING.

These are from my trip note weather was 25f so I didn't stay long all shots over chrono at measure 10ft.   I had no issues with accuracy at about 9 yards while shooting thru chrono.

Slide1.JPG