Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

An Alternative way to use the Lee Load Master

I WHOLLY AGREE!!  I have used the Lee extensively to avoid paying for the Dillon, but I finally came around and have nothing but positives.  I find the Lee is more for tinkerers (no offense intended).  The Lee is a fine machine overall, but until they find a better primer system loading can really be inconsistent.

On January 22, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Livin_cincy said:

He was doing a cartridge every 3 seconds.  So he was doing 1200 per hour when he started pulling the lever.

Ok, you caught my attention and a watched it.

If he had been loading 1 round every 3 seconds he would have been loading at a rate of 1200 per hour, not "doing" 1200/hr.

From the video it looks like he has the shell plate full and everything ready to go at 7:09 if I am counting right from that point to 8:04 he loads 10 rounds, only having one malfunction he had to correct at #6.  If my math is right that would be at a rate closer to 655 rounds per hour.

However, there is a difference between "rate of" and actual production.  Because he will spend as much time filling case feed, bullet feed tubes and primer feed as he spent loading.  Like the video I posted before you posted that one, 100 rounds in under 4 minutes would be at a rate of 1500/hr but that doesn't count filling things.

So maybe he hits 330 rounds an hour...if the worst problem he has is a knocked over bullet.

Edited by jmorris