Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from the Sunshine State

jbo723

Greetings all... My name is Jimmy and I've grown up around firearms my entire life as my father was in the military. I did not get serious in to guns and training until I was well on my way with the family life and finally purchased my first home. I was one of those guys that thought that owning a gun and being somewhat safe was all there was. Then around 2005 I attended my first 2gun match and it was a done deal. 

I dove head first into it and haven't let up. I even work part time at a LGS just so I can be around and talk about this lifestyle. I'm already a member on a few other forums but, I want to take my pistol shooting to the next level so, I just plan on sitting back and reading for quite a while. I consider myself a decent shot and for now, I only ever have time to shoot our local 2gun matches since those are held on Sundays. I would love to attend a pistil only match but, getting off from work can be a little tricky. 

Anyways, I look forward to absorbing as much as I can from the SME's on this site and hope to also contribute myself someday soon. I primarily shoot a Gen 3 G34 in matches but, I recently picked up a STI to get back used to shooting 1911 style guns. 

Welcome aboard :)

Now we know that Grumpy doesn't actually "READ" these postings, or he'd know you

shoot a G34 and a STI 1911 ...  :huh:

But, I'll 2nd Grumpy's other question - are you reloading, yet?   (You forgot the ,  between

reloading and yet, Grumpy).    :rolleyes:   It's NOT reloading yet?    It's reloading, yet?

Big difference.

BTW, good luck learning anything useful here with this type of banter going on constantly.    :D

On 1/13/2017 at 7:28 PM, GrumpyOne said:

Welcome to the forums! Where at in Florida? And, before Jack can ask, what else are you shooting and are you reloading yet?

Thanks for the warm welcome GrumpyOne. I live in Jax and work part time at the Gun Gallery. I've actually shot a few matches at GTR and their 2gun match is a spinoff of the one I shoot here in my area. I'm mainly into AR's and handguns but, also shoot LR semi auto rifles as well. I've stayed with the most common calibers so far and sold off some of my others because I just wasn't shooting enough of it to justify keeping it around (6.8, .300blk, etc).

I pretty much have 9mm, .45acp, 5.56, .308, and 12ga.. I do not reload yet but, it's been in the plans for years. I do not have an ideal area in my home where I can set up a station but, that should change pretty soon with my oldest leaving the house. 

On 1/13/2017 at 10:22 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard :)

Now we know that Grumpy doesn't actually "READ" these postings, or he'd know you

shoot a G34 and a STI 1911 ...  :huh:

But, I'll 2nd Grumpy's other question - are you reloading, yet?   (You forgot the ,  between

reloading and yet, Grumpy).    :rolleyes:   It's NOT reloading yet?    It's reloading, yet?

Big difference.

BTW, good luck learning anything useful here with this type of banter going on constantly.    :D

I appreciate the welcome HP Jack... LOL @ your Grumpy comments.. The STI I have is a double stack 2011 but, I definitely have some traditional 1911's in the safe as well. I posted earlier regarding my reloading situation and I take it you two are the go to guys for questions on this subject? 

53 minutes ago, jbo723 said:

I take it you two are the go to guys for questions on this subject? 

I'm not the "go to guy" on anything ...   :angry:

Grump knows a lot more than I do, as do a host of other

"experts" here - I'm still learning from those who preceded me.    :bow: