Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite MATCH magwells?

hav3n

So i'm finishing up my Lim Pro for production and want to build up my Match as a limited gun.

I have a couple questions:

Canyon Creek Customs appears to be out of the MATCH (weld on) magwell - http://shop.canyoncreekcustom.com/product.sc?productId=16&categoryId=3

I've emailed to see if they plan on making more but with no response as of yet.

Does anyone have a Canyon Creek MATCH magwell they aren't using? 

Second question: Can you, with a little elbow grease and a dremel tool, make a Henning magwell fit the Match frame? Or are they too different?

(here's the Henning magwell - http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-competition-magwell-h069)

1 hour ago, homewrecker07 said:

I'm interested in installing a canyon creek magwell as well. You can't use the standard mags afterwards from what I hear so you either have to modify all your magazines or the magwell itself.

I already have the Henning basepads for 2 of mags. And was ok with the level of mods I'd have to do with the Canyon Creek but I can't find any.

http://chuckbrazeau.blogspot.com/2014/06/magwell-installation-for-my-uspsa-gun.html

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ncxdm said:

Any news on the magwell front? I would like to get one as well and it seems like they no longer have them on the canyon creek website. 

Yeah. I messaged the guy at Canyon Creek - he's a member on this site. I asked if he had an ETA on the restock of the MATCH magwell and he said " Not at this time, I'm waiting for the machine shop to have some time for the parts. " (I direct quote him so as not to paraphrase and put words in his mouth).

So for now we're SOL unless henning decides to make one that fits the Match or Canyon Creek gets some more time at the machine shop.

Edited by hav3n

58 minutes ago, ncxdm said:

Bummer.

I only have a 3 axis cnc so it would be a hard thing to cut on mine but I will start poking at the drafting and see if I can make one.

If I do I will let you know. 

Absolutely let me know. I'll help you beta test or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
Bummer.

I only have a 3 axis cnc so it would be a hard thing to cut on mine but I will start poking at the drafting and see if I can make one.

If I do I will let you know. 

Any updates on this?

I'm making the assumption if you use a magwell, you'd have to use magwell compatible base plates as well?

I got some beveled cutters in to start to try to cut them. I will run some out of aluminum to try then I will move over to stainless. It is going to be a little bit till I can get them into our workflow. 

As for the bases I will see what I can work out to give it enough play to fit a few styles in. I will have to look at what my extended bases are. I don't remember off of the top of my head.

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2017 at 10:53 PM, ncxdm said:

I got some beveled cutters in to start to try to cut them. I will run some out of aluminum to try then I will move over to stainless. It is going to be a little bit till I can get them into our workflow. 

As for the bases I will see what I can work out to give it enough play to fit a few styles in. I will have to look at what my extended bases are. I don't remember off of the top of my head.

This ever happen?

• 4 months later...

Good luck finding an Elite Limited. It's taken me close to 6 or 8 months. Finally got one on the way. But I talked to EAA and they only got 33 imported this time, so that means now there is only 32 since I got one [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2017 at 8:51 AM, hav3n said:

Second question: Can you, with a little elbow grease and a dremel tool, make a Henning magwell fit the Match frame? Or are they too different?

(here's the Henning magwell - http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-competition-magwell-h069)

Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm wondering the same thing right now. I don't have a problem having it done if it can be, but I don't wanna order parts if it can't...

22 minutes ago, Mlussoro said:

I’ve got a spare limited magwell if your interested ? 

I'll send you a PM. I'm having a hell of a time finding what I'm looking for. It appears Canyon Creek is no longer producing, and Henning's don't fit the Match without great effort.

I wonder if we did a group buy if they would make some for those looking for one. I wish I would have bought one back when they had them. It's not high on my list but if the price was right I may jump on one for the future.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I spoke with Henning Wallgren at Henning. He said it’s on his list of possibly developing at some point, but it’s more of a wish list. 

Also, the owner of Canyon Creek apparently just had some sort of surgery and is out of commission for a while. I may end up with an EGW. I’d really like a larger one like the Henning, though.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:23 PM, KMcL said:

I wish someone would start making a magwell for the Match again. I'd love to build a limited gun or two with it... It's a very underrated gun.

That’s what I’m trying to do, just can’t find a magwell that I really want, that fits. The EGW would work but I’d really like a larger flared one.

On 12/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, Rosswoodford said:

That’s what I’m trying to do, just can’t find a magwell that I really want, that fits. The EGW would work but I’d really like a larger flared one.

Exactly where I'm at... I've been kicking myself for not buying from Canyon Creek when he had them. It wasn't a priority at the time, and I figured they'd be available when I wanted to get moving on it... obviously, wrong assumption on my part.