Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gauging interest: Brass Accesory Rail Weight

PrimaryBruce

So a good friend of ours that does a lot of competition shooting is asking about making him a brass weight that would attach to the accesory rail of his Shadow. Is someone already making this? If not, is it something anyone else would be interested in? None of us do competition shooting, so we're going to a group of people who do for these questions - you guys. Lol 

I suppose the biggest issue would be holster availability for such a thing, but I imagine it would take a tremendous amount of muzzle flip out of a pistol.

Edited by PrimaryBruce

Uhh, to me this is completely nuts for any firearm, but bat shit crazy for a shadow. My SP01 Shadow shoots like a laser and hardly has any muzzle flip at all. Tell him to invest in some "Captains of Crush" grip trainers. With his left hand he should be squeezing till be bleeds, or at least close ;).

8 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

So a good friend of ours that does a lot of competition shooting is asking about making him a brass weight that would attach to the accesory rail of his Shadow. Is someone already making this? If not, is it something anyone else would be interested in? None of us do competition shooting, so we're going to a group of people who do for these questions - you guys. Lol 

I suppose the biggest issue would be holster availability for such a thing, but I imagine it would take a tremendous amount of muzzle flip out of a pistol.

if you make it, I will make a holster,  I would need a weight. 

SJC makes brass weights for the front of pistols that attach to the accessory rail.  Don't know if they make one for CZs.  I've heard that they are associated with breaking trigger pins due to the weight being out front and causing stress on the frame.