Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No pcc during the weekly matches

I was going to shoot a friday night match at my local club and went to sign up online and there was no pcc class. So i emailed the ro and he said they are not going to shoot pcc on weekly matches only on sundays! 

Anyone elses club doing this?

The answer i got was its a club issue and they are working on it.

A local indoor range that holds Sunday night matches several times a month will allow PCC for the first time this month.  

A local outdoor match advised that the range itself still will not allow PCC at the monthly USPSA match.  Its a new club and maybe this is just one of its growing pains.

The nearest 3GN sanctioned match has included PCC for several months now.  

Interest in PCC is growing and might grow a little faster once it is universally recognized. 

Our local club that has weekly matches started by not allowing PCC, then only allowed it in later squads toward the end of the matches, and had now come around to treating PCC the same as any other division. I think it is just the ranges getting used to it. Our club requires the PCC to be racked and can not be slung or carried around except moving to or from the line or to bag it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: I am hopeful our indoor club here will allow PCC soon. They have to talk to the owners to see if they will allow it. I think it may take a showing on the chrono that an open pistol is pushing a bullet faster than a PCC does. They hear rifle and they think 2800 fps or more.  Thanks, Eric

I've been surprised at the number of clubs I'm hearing of that are balking at PCC. I just don't understand why. I can't imagine a USPSA match director wouldn't have the experience to understand the lower velocities of PCCs.  I'm fortunate that my local club is enthusiastic about PCC. 

4 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

A local indoor range that holds Sunday night matches several times a month will allow PCC for the first time this month.  

A local outdoor match advised that the range itself still will not allow PCC at the monthly USPSA match.  Its a new club and maybe this is just one of its growing pains.

The nearest 3GN sanctioned match has included PCC for several months now.  

Interest in PCC is growing and might grow a little faster once it is universally recognized. 

If you are referring to CCC, they are allowing PCC's again.  I have two matches there since the ban was lifted.

I didn't know CCC every stopped allowing PCC.  Glad its back in.

Trinity Armory (Cleveland) asked if there was an interest in PCC in their 3 gun matches.  Don't know when they will allow it but they indicated they needed some time to get their heads around it.

I asked the MD of the new USPSA club at Thunder if PCC was included.  Not at this time but maybe in the future.

Saddle River is the indoor range that will include PCC starting this month.  Spoke to Chris.  He tried to include PCC in the Practiscore registration for the next match but for some reason was not able to.  He said to go ahead and bring the carbines and they will be included.

Hello: All the outdoor clubs around me except for one allow PCC. The one club which is my home club is working on allowing PCC at the range we use. I think it will happen. As for the other clubs they are getting between 3-10 PCC shooters with more coming on line soon. I think most are just trying to see which platform will be the best setup and what new stuff will be coming along at Shot Show. I am not sure about IDPA around here since I have not shot it since I moved to Georgia. Thanks, Eric

one of the recommendations made to Mike Foley and Troy McManus at Frostproof following the Nationals was to recommend long tables similar to the shotgun loading tables used at 3 gun matches on the line... cleared and chamber flagged PCC to be set on there to alleviate the problem with bagging and un bagging on the line...... clubs that already run 3 gun or practical rifle around here allow PCC division at monthly... one currently does not

It is funny how people have reacted to this division.  I shot at club last summer that the Md allowed them but there were a bunch of shooters who were dead set against it.  I was lucky enough to squad with them. There was a guy who just bitched and complained about my pcc for several stages.  He refused to RO me because he was so against the division. After I had my fill, I told him he needs to buy a fishing vest and go hang out with other like-minded people.  His friends all laughed at him, he didn't say another word the rest of the match.  I will not be shocked, when I go back that this guy will have a pcc.  All the haters have to do is try one, they are too damn fun to pass up!   I think USPSA made a great decision trying this class.  In my circle of friends, you are either building a pcc, or you already have one.

I have always had a question about this- PCC is now a division of USPSA right? If you are paying match fees for a sanctioned uspsa event how can they dictate what divisions are allowed and not allowed. If its a official division and you are shooting a USPSA match shouldn't all divisions be allowed?

34 minutes ago, SpaceMan said:

I have always had a question about this- PCC is now a division of USPSA right? If you are paying match fees for a sanctioned uspsa event how can they dictate what divisions are allowed and not allowed. If its a official division and you are shooting a USPSA match shouldn't all divisions be allowed?

No. All MD's have the authority to allow or disallow any division.

Single stack nationals for instance.

1. 6.2.1  USPSA Divisions recognize different handguns and equipment (see Appendix D). Each match must recognize at least one Division. When multiple Divisions are available in a match, each Division must be scored separately and independently, and match results must recognize a winner in each Division. 

Edited by Sarge