Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC Limited

MILLSSCAR

I'm looking at getting a STI DVC Limited here in the next week used , what's it worth if say I don't use it much as I thought down the rd and want to get rid of it , will I loose money etc ? I took it apart and could not even see a wear mark anywhere so it's like new . Is it worth $2600 ? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd recommend browsing through the classifieds to see what people are asking and if they are having to drop prices to complete the sale. Generally speaking you won't get back out of a gun what you pay for it. YMMV but that's my experience with all of the buying and selling I've done.

I'd recommend browsing through the classifieds to see what people are asking and if they are having to drop prices to complete the sale. Generally speaking you won't get back out of a gun what you pay for it. YMMV but that's my experience with all of the buying and selling I've done.

Ok I usually don't loose money or very much on gun sales but I really don't know much about the STI stuff , thank you thou I'll do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, alan1985 said:

...Generally speaking you won't get back out of a gun what you pay for it. YMMV but that's my experience with all of the buying and selling I've done.

Unless one lives in CA where cost of used STIs is more than retail. ;)

4 hours ago, alan1985 said:

Well that's just crazy. Is that because of pre-ban or just general craziness in CA?

They are off-roster, and not available through stores. I just paid $2,400 for a slightly used STI Edge myself and anyone I talked to said it was a great deal. There was an STI DVC Limited someone sold for $3,500 recently. The only 2011 people can buy that is on the roster is an Infinity. But no new guns can get on the CA "safe-gun" roster as the micro stamping technology required for approval does not exist.

10 hours ago, tanks said:

They are off-roster, and not available through stores. I just paid $2,400 for a slightly used STI Edge myself and anyone I talked to said it was a great deal. There was an STI DVC Limited someone sold for $3,500 recently. The only 2011 people can buy that is on the roster is an Infinity. But no new guns can get on the CA "safe-gun" roster as the micro stamping technology required for approval does not exist.

What a shame. I guess the good news is you can at least get them at a premium.

3 minutes ago, alotur said:

HUHHHH!  You paid $2400 for an STI Edge?  My brotha please look at the forum a little closer I just saw 2  going in the 16-1800 range.

This is in CA. I can't buy an STI Edge from a non-CA resident, and it has to be a Person to Person transaction at an FFL.

In order for a handgun to be legal for sale  in CA it has to be on the approved handgun roster. ( http://certguns.doj.ca.gov) The only exception is if buying it from another CA resident via Private Party Transfer. The roster is FROZEN in regards to semi-automatic handguns, nothing new can be added due to criteria of micro stamping which does not exist. So, for example,  I can buy a Glock 19 Gen 4 from a private party (usually a $1,200 sale price) but not from a store or a person resident in another State.

It is a way for CA to limit the 2nd Amendment. The guns currently on the roster are grandfathered in as long as the manufacturers pay a yearly fee. But if anything changes with the manufacturing process (changing plants, a new color, a different pin vendor etc.) it falls off the roster and the new regulations apply.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:54 PM, tanks said:

In order for a handgun to be legal for sale  in CA it has to be on the approved handgun roster. ( http://certguns.doj.ca.gov) The only exception is if buying it from another CA resident via Private Party Transfer. The roster is FROZEN in regards to semi-automatic handguns, nothing new can be added due to criteria of micro stamping which does not exist. So, for example,  I can buy a Glock 19 Gen 4 from a private party (usually a $1,200 sale price) but not from a store or a person resident in another State.

It is a way for CA to limit the 2nd Amendment. The guns currently on the roster are grandfathered in as long as the manufacturers pay a yearly fee. But if anything changes with the manufacturing process (changing plants, a new color, a different pin vendor etc.) it falls off the roster and the new regulations apply.

Is that what Glock 19's are really selling for currently? I only ask because my cousin in SD was asking my opinion about a particular G19 he was looking to purchase but, I told him to pass on it because the owner stippled the frame and it wasn't all that good of a job from all the other offerings I've seen out there. 

I want to say the seller was asking $700 for the gun and if used factory G19's are going for $1200, I may tell him to grab it and he can send it off to get the stippling redone. 

4 hours ago, tanks said:

Yeah, brand new or slightly used 4th gen Glocks, Walther PPQs, HK VP9s all go for over $1K. As far as the G19 your cousin is interested in if it is a Gen 4, yes it is worth the $700 otherwise no.

Thanks for the heads up. I relay the info over to him now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...