Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark your Calendars! The 2017 Fort Benning Multi-Gun Challenge will be held 16-19 Nov 2017. This year we will guarantee that we will have at least 40 guns on the prize table! Registration and walk-thru will be on the 16th with at least 12 stages on the 17th- 19th.  What stages will the United States Marksmanship Unit build next year?

IMG_1063.JPG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even do it is a great match, the match is not organized properly. Last year they failed to even provide an accurate date. They stated that previous shooters were going in first and next thing I know I was on the waiting list. Finally they called me 1 week before the event to confirm that I was in but I already given up and made other plans.

I strongly recommend to stay in top of them just to make sure you make it.

On 3/6/2017 at 1:49 PM, SinistralRifleman said:

Who do I e-mail for sponsorship info?

According to last years packet: 

Please contact James Shoemaker at james.g.shoemaker2.naf@mail.mil if your company would like to sponsor the competition. 

Keep in mind this event if planned by MWR but is being ran by USAMU. If you know anything about MWR you'll know they don't do anything right. 

I look at it this way, We get to shoot at Ft. Benning, We support the AMU and the US Army in some small way by showing up for this match. I am unlikely to win much of anything, but just getting to shoot there is a win in and of itself. Now last year, while it had some physical challenges was all on the one range. in the origianl series we went off to a few other locations and got to do some things that are unlikely on most private ranges, at least in the east.  Shooting on one of the MOUT ranges we were shooting targets in the second and third story windows, no way we could do that here at home! That much impact area does not exist for us!

• 3 months later...