Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 RX

RangerTrace

Based on input from a coworker, I sold a G17 and purchased a new P320 RX from Cabelas for $799.  Seems like a good deal to me.  I hope I don't regret my purchase, but I have to admit, these pistols feel much better in my hand than the Glocks did.  

And assuming the battery life is decent, target focus is way better for these old eyes........

Interesting, Trace. I've been shooting a P320 with a dovetail mounted dot for about a year and I just sold it and bought a G34.  I just could never quite bond with that Sig. Of course this is the first Glock I've ever owned, so we'll see how that goes.  I'm only about 30 years late for the G-party!

I just got one too Trace, will be shooting it this weekend. Hope to put several thousand on the gun this year.

I do like the ergos much better than a Glock as well. Fits, points, and has a pretty good trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got one a few weeks ago.  So far I'm very happy and I'm sure you will be too.  My only issue is as smooth as the trigger is I think its a little heavy.  I haven't put a gauge to it yet but I think its heavier than it feels.  I bought a rig and I'm going to toy around in carry optics this season.  I'm a glock guy for carry guns through and through but I fell like a season of USPSA should give me some confidence in the 320 rx.  You think you'll be sending yours out for an action job?  I'm toying with sending mine to Burke.

I picked one up a few weeks ago to play in CO this year. Did some work, reduced the weight, take-up and over-travel. So far so good. I just have to get used to shooting with a dot.

601d8e87e35ad0267b0e261b74c0d925.jpg

Mind sharing what you have done? My stocker is over 7lb. I'd be more than happy around 5lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, z40acp said:

How about using the plate and sight off of the new X5. Maybe they will sell you one.

The X5 plate attaches using a separate set of holes and screws in from under the slide. 

On 1/9/2017 at 8:23 PM, Edge40 said:

Got one a few weeks ago.  So far I'm very happy and I'm sure you will be too.  My only issue is as smooth as the trigger is I think its a little heavy.  I haven't put a gauge to it yet but I think its heavier than it feels.  I bought a rig and I'm going to toy around in carry optics this season.  I'm a glock guy for carry guns through and through but I fell like a season of USPSA should give me some confidence in the 320 rx.  You think you'll be sending yours out for an action job?  I'm toying with sending mine to Burke.

The trigger's are REALLY heavy out of the box.  Mine pulls at over seven pounds and the gun has 1k live fire rounds and countless dry fire cycles on it.  It hasnt really lightened up all that much.

Having said that, id take this 7 pound trigger over a factory 5.5lb glock trigger any day of the week and all day on Sunday.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:26 PM, Quack said:

Polishing/deburring the internals. Adjust the trigger return spring. Remove one of the 2 sear springs. This should get the weight to where you want it.

Mind giving us some more insight into how to do that?

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked one up.    Shopping for a holster for it.   Are you turning the Romeo one on a leaving it on all day when shooting a match or steel challenge?    I am used to C-mores I turn them off after every stage.   I have some Sig reading to do on these

16 minutes ago, Timido said:

I just picked one up.    Shopping for a holster for it.   Are you turning the Romeo one on a leaving it on all day when shooting a match or steel challenge?    I am used to C-mores I turn them off after every stage.   I have some Sig reading to do on these

There is no on/off switch on the Romeo 1.  It automatically shuts off when the gun is not being handled and comes back on when it is.

36 minutes ago, Edge40 said:

There is no on/off switch on the Romeo 1.  It automatically shuts off when the gun is not being handled and comes back on when it is.

Hold either button for 2 seconds and it will turn off. Quick press on either button turns it back on.