Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotcore italian 1050 and 650 autodrive

I came across this from a post in another thread about their primer filler. 

holy cow!!

talk about the Ferrari of auto drives. It makes the mk7 look basic. 

Custom bullet feeder (modified mbf), everything power actuated. Full auto primer collator and feeder. 

Id hate to know the cost!

On January 8, 2017 at 9:32 PM, BeerBaron said:

I came across this from a post in another thread about their primer filler. 

holy cow!!

talk about the Ferrari of auto drives. It makes the mk7 look basic. 

Custom bullet feeder (modified mbf), everything power actuated. Full auto primer collator and feeder. 

Id hate to know the cost!

I don't get it, I see a primer collator but then around 34-1:03 seconds into the video  I see a shorted blast shield with something comming out the top?

Have to wonder if they changed something once they had a chain fire around the disk, up the tube and into the collator when a primer lit off. They are running processed brass, that should help with the 650.

Edited by jmorris

If you look at the pic right at the end you can see the primer collator off to one side. it has a flexible tube to carry primers from the collator to the primer system tube. I think the shortened blast shield is for clearance when the shell plate goes up. If you look at the vid between 35-1min as the camera pans upwards you can see there's (what looks like) tight clearance between the primer tube and the powder measure?

It looks to me (and this is part deduction/part speculation) that you dump the primers from the collator to the tube when the shell plate is up. Given how many other actuators and sensors I can see on the thing I'm guessing it has some way to ensure no overfilling of that tube and in fact the production model may automatically re-fill the primer tube as needed. 

Their primer collator works the same as the RF100 just can hold 20 times more primers!!

It's certainly a very impressive conversion.

It looks to me (and this is part deduction/part speculation) that you dump the primers from the collator to the tube when the shell plate is up.

Yeah, it's too edited with too many close ups of inconsequential things to tell what they are doing.  However, at 1:26 they have a view of the entire setup and in that still, you see the primer collator to the right by itself with what looks like a similar spring connection as the MBF uses.  That idea may have been a fail, not making it into the video, although they could have left it connected as short as the clips are, even if it was non functional. No telling...

Edited by jmorris

it's interesting to see they've taken full control of the powder measure actuation, primer disc advance, shell plate advance, case pusher and just about everything else. that level of control would mean you could really tune the timing of the thing with the right software. it's quite a serious undertaking and orders of magnitude more complex than adding auto-drive to the press in it's conventional configuration. it's a pretty impressive setup. I can only assume they have the primer collator and feeder bit worked out now that they are selling the system.

the 1050 vid is even worse as far as any detail goes but it looks to me on the 1050 the powder measure is still case activated, the case inserter is still mechanical not electric/mechanical. the primer collator/feeder system is obviously easier to do on the 1050 as the shell platform stays static. it also looks like the indexing on the 1050 model is still factory. 

it's strange they went all out on the 650 version to take full control of basically all operations but then left those same operations mechanical on the 1050. 

The primer collator looks to have some sort of optical sensor pointed at the ramp on both models. not sure if it's a camera or what?

both are really cool setups though. 

t's interesting to see they've taken full control of the powder measure actuation, primer disc advance, shell plate advance, case pusher and just about everything else. that level of control would mean you could really tune the timing of the thing with the right software. it's quite a serious undertaking

Yes, the taking "everything" and making it more complex would made me think it was a student project, that and using a 650.

The cabinet mount opens up a lot more possibilities for the autodrive and could introduce a tolerance in the loaded ammo in an of itself.  Like a rotary drive but not in the confines of the case iron press frame rather the fabrication.  Not that it cannot be made strong enough but another area of consideration.

You're not wrong on heavily edited. Watch the 650 vid again. Most of the vid showing it running is being played in reverse. First I noticed shell plate turning the wrong way. Lol. Then saw cases leaving the shell plate with the case pusher...d'oh. No idea why they'd do that? Just show it run. 

• 2 weeks later...