Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On Sunday April 30th, 2017 York IWLA #67 is holding the Pennsylvania State 3 Gun Championship.  This is a special event at York.  It will be run under 3 Gun Nation Club Series rules. 

Registration will open to the public Friday January 13th, 2017.  I will post the link and more information here on Friday!

PA State 2017.JPG

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, alma said:

Looking forward to hearing more details on this. 

I think there is a ban on Sig PCC rifles for this match!  Alma I think registration opens this Friday 13 Jan 2017.

Edited by jackson923

Match Registration for the Pennsylvania State 3 Gun Championship is now open!

PA State 3GN Registration

Details:

On April 30th, 2017 York IWLA #67 is holding the Pennsylvania State 3 Gun Championship.  This will be a special event 6 Stage 3 Gun Nation match that will include (2) Classifiers, a big shotgun stage, & a rifle stage on our 200 yard range. 

We will honor all centerfire 3 Gun Nation divisions & classifications.  This match will be PCC & Heavy Metal friendly.   We will not have division minimums so shoot whatever division you want for a shot to be crowned the Pennsylvania 3 Gun Champion.

You do not have to be a 3 Gun Nation Member to shoot this match.  If you are not a 3 Gun Nation member, please select “unclassified” for your classification.

Match will fill FAST.  Please don’t hesitate. 

Payment is due at time of registration.  Preregistration is required.

PA State 3GN Registration

Update:  The match filled very fast.  So we've ADDED an extra stage to accept 12 more shooters!!  There are still 3 or 4 spots open with the new stage ADDED.  Depending on the number of shooters on the waitlist, we are looking at options to ADD more shooters

Edited by StephensOutdoors

Just wanted to answer some common questions that have been hitting my PM box & email:

Yes, you will need slings for both shotgun & rifle 

No, I do not have a round count at this point in time. Not for at least another month. 

Yes, you will need slugs 

If you shoot PCC, you still need a pistol & shotgun. There will be mandatory pistol only & mandatory shot only targets 

This match is NOT part of the York Points Series. It is a special event match using 3 Gun Nation rules. However, we still have some room available in the Mid-Atlantic Multi Gun match at York. Please see that thread. 

now I have to figure out how to put a sling on my Versamax

Kerry,

Start with sling mount and sling. Haha. Worse case, use zip ties.

Mike Stephens should be able to help. I think he had a versa max at some point in his perfect shotgun quest.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, louu said:

Get one of these for the stock, select the A2 style

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-micro-mount/

And get one of these to clamp on your tube and put a QD mount on it. 

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-extreme-rail/

That is pretty much what I was looking at, I have a QD socket for the stock, and one that mounts to a rail section. just need to get the rail section for the fore end. I knew I would have to do it someday just been putting it off until I shot a match that made me do it. 

Edited by Woodsk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IMPORTANT UPDATE:  We have opened up a 2nd day of shooting for this match to accommodate the large # of people on our wait list.  If you were approved into this match March 30th or later ... you will be shooting on SATURDAY April 29th unless notified otherwise. Your match approval emails from Practiscore should reflect this, but in case there is any confusion, i will send out an email to all new approved shooters.

This also means there are about 12 new spots open for the match!!  If you have any friends looking to shoot this match, please let them know. 

• 2 weeks later...

Match UPDATE:  The Izaak Walton League juniors will be having a fundraiser during the match selling MONSTER ham sandwiches & lunch bags with water & soda available & lots of good munchies for this event!  Food bags should be reasonably priced & somewhere around the $5 range for lunch.  This is a bargain.  Please bring your appetite!!

Round count: There are LOTS of target options. Minimum round count: 150 Rifle, 150 Pistol, 150 Shot, 10 Slug. There is (1) all shotgun stage with a round count of 23 to 30 rounds. Max shot velocity is 1,385 FPS.