Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom vs Viper

35 minutes ago, johes said:

Aluminum, or is polymer just as good?

Aluminum, I got lucky on ebay the gentleman had one listed. I thought looking at the price it was plastic be as it turned out it was  Aluminum. 167 bucks. But, for 3 years now I have had a plastic railway on my 3 gun AR with no problems.I have a strikefire 2 on my CAA Roni carbine,and a Mtac 1-4 on one of my other AR's but the C-more's are much faster mounted a little forward.

Hello: I have a 6MOA Viper on my Glock 34 MOS. I also have C-More slide rides on my open guns and PCC. I like the larger glass on the C-More and install it at the same distance as my open pistol. I think I would have to move the Viper closer to my eye because of the smaller glass. Dot size for both is 6 MOA and the C-More are plastic standard switch. Thanks, Eric

IMG_0629.JPG

3 hours ago, johes said:

Anyone use either the Vortex Venom or Viper on PCC?

The viper is meant to be low profile, like mounted on a milled pistol slide to keep it similar to the location of the sights. 

Depending on how you mount it on you PCC it may end up too low. Either of them will work great, but you need to factor in the height of the optic and size of the window.

I have a Venom and a Razor. They are in the Vortex/ADM mounts and are at a perfect height for my GMR-13. 

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I have a 6MOA Viper on my Glock 34 MOS. I also have C-More slide rides on my open guns and PCC. I like the larger glass on the C-More and install it at the same distance as my open pistol. I think I would have to move the Viper closer to my eye because of the smaller glass. Dot size for both is 6 MOA and the C-More are plastic standard switch. Thanks, Eric

IMG_0629.JPG

the C-more with no tube to have to look though or to block your target I like it mounted a little forward on the gun. very fast.

new%20ar2%20003_zpsejpz6wpa.jpg

Edited by usmc1974

Hello: I forgot to add that I sometimes use a Gugas Rigas hood on my C-More as well. I can index off the top of it on really close targets without even seeing the dot. I think you will like the C-More on your PCC. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer
13 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I forgot to add that I sometimes use a Gudas Rigas hood on my C-More as well. I can index off the top of it on really close targets without even seeing the dot. I think you will like the C-More on your PCC. Thanks, Eric

This is an awesome shade. I got my first one off BE Forums

http://www.maxschoice.com/en/optic-scopes-and-accessories/191-limcat-anti-glare-shield.html

these are nice too

https://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?id=AACGS&n=

Edited by usmc1974

I had the venom on CO Glock MOS but switched out to the Viper for the larger dot. Currently have a MRO on the carry optics.

Are the smaller dots preferably for PCC distances? Anyone using larger moa dots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I run a 3 MOA venom on my PCC and a 6 MOA venom on my CO pistol.  The dots, in general, look the same when shooting, maybe because of different eye to sight distances.  I don't care how big the glass is (I sold my Leupold with the larger glass), I just look for the dot.

Because I mounted my PCC venom to co-witness, as soon as I shoulder the dot is on target.  It is automatic for me.  I am still working on my pistol to be as consistent - still need more reps.

I have tried Leopold, Vortex Spark and Vortex Spitfire.  Not looking for anything different because they work so well for me.  Smaller, lighter, great glass and great dot.