Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Mod 2 for IDPA?

robport

Both my CCP gun and my BUG were outlawed by the new box. Both weren't very far off, but both wouldn't fit. Today, I started playing with magazines and have them very close by grinding on the bottom of test magazines. My bug was a Taurus Millenium Pro (don't laugh...at least too hard). I believe that will fit in the box after I ground the pinky rest off the magazine and push it all the way into the gun (past where it normally rests). The XD mod 2 was only about a 1/16" out after pushing the mag all the way in. I won't do a sanctioned match with either until I get my hands on an Official box, but I believe I can make them both fit now with some more trimming. This may be good news for the XD mod 2 4" owners, so don't sell your guns yet.

• 2 months later...
Couldn't fit it by trimming the baseplate...but....

For those of you that bought a SA mod 2, 4" for CCP, I confirmed last weekend that it will fit in the box, though very snugly, with a CZ-75 metal base-pad on the magazine.  They are available here for about $3 each. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

What about the regular generation of the service?  Will that fit or be close?

I am going to be trying to get my relatives into shooting more and IDPA is a little less daunting in terms of stages compared to USPSA.  I haven't shot IDPA in several years and don't really have any good guns for it other than that XD.  CCP is appealing to me as I would be using my carry gear for it.