Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

f*&cked up 40 brass

Browndawg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I done this before. I shot 9mm out of a 40 Glock before. Had 2 Glocks on the bench (can’t remember models but both were same size). Picked up what I though was the 9mm. Shot a whole magazine through it and was wondering why I couldn’t hit the cans roughly 10 yards in front of me til I realized what I did. This was a long time ago when I had very little experience with firearms. 

Edited by MrRick

I done this before. I shot 9mm out of a 40 Glock before. Had 2 Glocks on the bench (can’t remember models but both were same size). Picked up what I though was the 9mm. Shot a whole magazine through it and was wondering why I couldn’t hit the cans roughly 10 yards in front of me til I realized what I did. This was a long time ago when I had very little experience with firearms. 

You got a 40 to cycle with a 9mm?

My buddy who was new to shooting was unknowingly firing 380acp out of his 9mm 1911.  He was complaining about stuff hitting his face when he shot, so I tried it.  Sure enough my face was getting blasted with fine particles.  Ouch.  I checked the box and if I remember right it was S&B ammo, and instead of "380 ACP" it said "9x17" or something like that.  I see how that could trip up a new shooter.   

On 2/4/2018 at 9:50 PM, FortyOverUnder said:

You got a 40 to cycle with a 9mm?

Can’t remember clearly actually. I think that’s what made me realized what I did. This was over 15 years ago. 

Edited by MrRick

• 2 weeks later...

Had to stop a new shooter during course of fire due to unsafe ammo. Had mixed ammo in .45 mag. After clearing jam from .40 case split and  I saw a .40 come out of his barrel during re load. Got luck that day. No damage or injuries.