Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yet another rulebook revision - version 2

Jane

I've noticed a few things. 

3.5.4 seems to have been deleted.  ("Cover lines extend back from the center of the visible -0 zone to the point of the physical barrier up range to the
stage boundary.")

They fixed the 2 inch high popper and 18 square inch down zero language.

Fault lines change from "shall be employed" to "must be employed".

The drawings on page 10 have been deleted.

Several other items about fault lines have been deleted - such as the old 3.6.3.D - "shall be aligned with cover line of the first target"

Also posted a revised drawing for the classifier stage that has target heights and fault lines:  http://members.idpa.com/Content/Stages/WalkThrough/hhoffax5.nzb.pdf

Fault lines no longer have to be aligned to the first target, and they must be extended all the way back to the stage boundary.

Those changes pretty much address all the issues I had with fault lines in the last version.

Were tension knobs on holsters mentioned in 2017, or 2017.a?
I know the old rule book had it, but thought they got rid of that retarded rule in the first revisions... now I see it in 2017.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The physical fault line only needs to be 36" though.... right?

Minimum of 36", but it now has to go all the way back to the stage boundary so that it can still be used if people decide to use long cover.

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

i sense a lot of rope fault lines.

Hope not.  

Fingers crossed they'll use the same sticks they'll already have in the shed for USPSA matches. 

Though, the guys setting up the IDPA stages are probably not the guys setting up the USPSA stages. Even at the same club.  

Ropes might get used since they'll be easier! 

Sticks provide feel.  Who wants to look down?!

Minimum of 36", but it now has to go all the way back to the stage boundary so that it can still be used if people decide to use long cover.

Reading it again, I don't think the physical object used for the fault line needs to be more than 36"
You just need to visualize where the fault line would be based on the physical object.
See classifier diagram.... they only go 36" when they could go much farther.

Reading it again, I don't think the physical object used for the fault line needs to be more than 36"
You just need to visualize where the fault line would be based on the physical object.
See classifier diagram.... they only go 36" when they could go much farther.

Yeah, I think you're right.

Looks like you might be right about an alignment change. The 3 ft rule for the physical part of the line still applies.

As far as I know the new rules are now in effect. They seem a little late in finalizing them. I wonder how long the editing will last.