Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else having trouble getting email replies from Palmetto State Armory? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 9mm carbine but not answering my questions is making me think about looking elsewhere? Also hard to understand their note about taking 7 days to send an in stock item.??

I have ordered a bunch of stuff recently (at least a dozen separate orders over the past couple months) from PSA and everything has come through just fine with no big delays.  

You need to think of PSA as a large distributor, which is exactly what it has become.  If you require a lot of personal communication and interaction, that's what your local gun shop is for.    

Positive experiences ordering from PSA, also. 

I have a couple of their lowers and the assembled blem lowers are a heck of a deal.  My LGS who received them has had at least 20 blems come in and he hasn't ever seen anything wrong with any of the blems they received and he said he has looked hard.   

Purchased a PSA glock magazine lower about a month before the election.  I expected it to take a while but my FFL had it in less than a week.

The only modifications I've made so far is a Hiperfire 24C trigger and an aluminum C-more slide ride.  It runs great.

Depending on ammo, you may need to have a throat reamer run through the barrel. My reloads are 147 gr X-treme RN (plated) over N320 powder.  Until I get the barrel throated or replaced, I have to load them to 1.085" OAL.  Not ideal but so far they are reliable and reasonably accurate.

Its the billet lower manufactured for PSA by New Frontier.  Some of the parts in the lower are proprietary.  PSA was not able to supply backup parts (ejector, magazine catch, springs and screws) but NFA but great to deal with. Got everything I wanted.

Not sure who makes their 9mm Hybrid bolt (verified with NFA its not them) but the firing pin appears to be the same as Colt.  I ordered a Colt firing pin, extractor, pins and springs from Brownells.  Hopefully they will fit.

Bill

Commission?  How about a Wilson? :P  I have 3 ARs from PSA and have been very happy with them all.  Like others have mentioned even their "blemished" ones are difficult to find anything I'd call a blemish.  The PSA 9mm I shoot for PCC is their 16 inch flat top.  It's from before they were using the hybrid Colt/Glock BCG.  I think the BCG is a CCMG.  I'm very happy with it.  I also just received their complete AR MagPull lower on sale for $150.00 shipped advertised as "blemished" .  I looked it over very closely at the FFL and couldn't find the blemish.  They do seem slower than some parts stores to ship, but I'm a big PSA fan.  

Edited by Odessa Straight
46 minutes ago, johes said:

Upper arrived today.? Lower still "processing". It's hard being an impatient old fart.?

My lower arrived at my transfer dealer while PSA's status still said "processing".  The dealer had it for a week before I finally got impatient enough to call PSA and ask about it.

Kevin

9 hours ago, kbeck76 said:

My lower arrived at my transfer dealer while PSA's status still said "processing".  The dealer had it for a week before I finally got impatient enough to call PSA and ask about it.

Kevin

Maybe mine's the same. Would think they would ship at the same time.

2 hours ago, johes said:

Maybe mine's the same. Would think they would ship at the same time.

My original tracking number for the lower still showed "shipping information generated" or something like that.  When I called PSA they had issued a different tracking number that I didn't have access to.  The order page on PSA's web site still had the original tracking number.

Your status might be right but after my experience I'd definitely recommend checking with the transfer dealer.

Kevin

If you read the fine print PSA, at least a month and a half ago, does not provide tracking to the purchaser on items requiring FFL transfer.

The frame I recently ordered changed to completed or fulfilled IIRC but no actual tracking, a couple days after it changed my FFL called. Took just over a week.

Also let your FFL know it's coming, they have been pretty bad for not putting any contact info with the item, mine only included my name, my FFL was contemplating refusing shipments from them on account of how many he received without even a name and their complete lack of communication with him.

Not bashing, love their pricing, never had them fail me, but there's little things it helps to know, especially if you're used to just about any other retailer.

Edited by Beef15
9 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

What's the process on the lowers?. Just give them your FFLs name and address and they handle the paperwork?. Does my dealer have to fax anything?

Your FFL needs to have their license on file with PSA or send it in.  You pay PSA for your order plus shipping. They will send it to  your FFL where you pick it up and pay his fees, if any.  Best to let your FFL know you placed the order so they will know who it belongs to when they get it.