Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Simple 2011 trigger question.

lancejoshlin

Finally have my first 2011. I think I'd like to install an SV trigger so that I can change the shoes and see what I like the best. How much of the actual trigger job does the trigger bow itself affect ? So CE I'd be putting in a completely different trigger bow, would that change my current pull alot? Is there alot of fitting that goes I to the bow itself ? Thanks.

I wouldn't expect to see much change. I just put a new trigger in my STI and saw about .4-6 oz difference. It probably depends on your original trigger, and how well the new one is fit. I'll probably adjust the spring to get it back up, I didn't want mine lighter I just wanted a different feel.

From what I understand the SV takes a bit of fitting, but I haven't done one.

On 1/6/2017 at 11:17 PM, Bob DuBois said:

File on the trigger it's the cheapest part

It may be the cheapest part but its not a good way to do it. Removes too much strength from the part that holds the insert. I just replaced a trigger bow and correctly fitted a new bow for a customer that had the same thing done to his(done before he purchased the gun). Shoe would swivel back and forth on the overtravel screw.

On 1/7/2017 at 5:56 PM, lancejoshlin said:

I didn't know that was possible.

It is pretty simple, but delicate. With a dremel you can cut the back of the SVI trigger loose from the bow. Be careful to only remove as little material as possible. I cut the crimp on just one side and wiggled the trigger bow out from the shoe. 

Then do the same thing to the STI trigger, but this is a bit easier because you don't care how badly you may screw up the trigger as all you need is the bow.

grind the tips/tang of the STI bow to match the SVI bow, and slip the new bow into the SVI shoe. I then crimped the shoe around the bow. I have read elsewhere that people have added some JB Weld to ensure it will never come loose.

17 hours ago, Jeff Phillips said:

It is pretty simple, but delicate. With a dremel you can cut the back of the SVI trigger loose from the bow. Be careful to only remove as little material as possible. I cut the crimp on just one side and wiggled the trigger bow out from the shoe. 

Then do the same thing to the STI trigger, but this is a bit easier because you don't care how badly you may screw up the trigger as all you need is the bow.

grind the tips/tang of the STI bow to match the SVI bow, and slip the new bow into the SVI shoe. I then crimped the shoe around the bow. I have read elsewhere that people have added some JB Weld to ensure it will never come loose.

Kinda curious why you swapped bows when all you have to do is open the channel for the shoe when using an SV bow. Swapping the bow wouldn't gain you anything in my experience.

4 hours ago, LoganbillJ said:

Kinda curious why you swapped bows when all you have to do is open the channel for the shoe when using an SV bow. Swapping the bow wouldn't gain you anything in my experience.

I agree that it should have been that simple; however, the SVI bow was a bit longer than the STI bow and I had trouble with the fitting. I gave up trying to make it work, and just swapped bows.

I have had a couple grips that would accept the new style SV bows no problem, I had a few that i had to swap the bow out for an sti bow and I have tried modifying the grip but i really dont like to take that much material out of the grip like that.  It makes me think the trigger is just gonna push out the front of the grip.  IT is all well worth it for those SV shoes