Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Invictus Practical Mid-Atlantic Multi-Gun Championship

The applications for the 2017 Invictus Practical Mid-Atlantic Multi-Gun Championship Applications are now available!

Here is that link: http://tinyurl.com/2017-MAMGC-APP

This match is unique in the world of major outlaw 3 gun matches in several respects;

1. You can shoot the whole match in one day. Either Saturday, or Sunday.

2. Prizes are all checks.  This means you don't have to stick around for a prize table.  If you shoot on Saturday you can go home Saturday night.

3. The prizes are generous.  We pay out 50% of the gross.  That is a lot of money.  Nearly $10,000.  Which isn't bad considering there are only 154 shooters.

4. We give prizes way down the list in Tac Ops.  By using a modified Lewis class payout scheme if you pick your class correctly and shoot to the best of your ability you have a chance to win hundreds of dollars even if you are way towards the bottom.

5. We're about as far north and east as any major 3 gun.  Only Topton's team 3 gun is farther north or east, and it's a great match but it's not for individuals.  That's why we draw a lot of shooters from the northeast and Canada on a regular basis.

6. We keep our squads to a reasonable size and there's not a lot of standing around.  We run our matches much more like USPSA than 3GN or typical outlaw matches.

This 7 stage match will fill up quickly.  Do not hesitate to sign up if you want your choice of days.

If you have questions please comment and I will answer them here so everyone can see the answer.  If you want to know others probably do too.

Edited by Howard762

16 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Will Heavy Metal allow semi auto shotguns, and will paper be neutralized with 1 hit from rifle and pistol?

I'm up in the air between Heavy Optics or Tac Limited.

It looks like they are going to use FNH Rules. So the rules can be found at the link below.

http://www.yorkiwla.org/action-shooting.html

On 1/6/2017 at 7:15 PM, Dan Sierpina said:

Will Heavy Metal allow semi auto shotguns, and will paper be neutralized with 1 hit from rifle and pistol?

I'm up in the air between Heavy Optics or Tac Limited.

Yes, we will be using a updated version of the FN rules (not yet posted), and semi-auto shotguns are allowed, and 1 hit to neutralize with rifle and pistol in HM.

Howard

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, HMFIC03 said:

Any places for a RV on or near the range? 

One 7.6 miles away from the range called Indian Rock Campgrounds in case this link below doesn't work.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Izaak+Walton+League+Of+America+York+Chapter+%23+67,+7133+Iron+Stone+Hill+Rd,+Dallastown,+PA+17313/''/@39.8931377,-76.7399694,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c8883ad1e37611:0xd40128a45c69d10c!2m2!1d-76.6772603!2d39.8706089!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c88bd18b1e6199:0x8089c7ef7c9aa711!2m2!1d-76.7481369!2d39.9217761

Edited by jackson923

14 hours ago, poortrader said:

Luke, are you and the wife planning on making the trip?  There are a lot of sight seeing potential around York too.

Peter

Hey Peter, Yep we mailed in a check a few days ago.  Looking forward to exploring PA.  

ALCON here is a fillable form of the application if your handwriting is as bad as mine is

mid atlantic.pdf

Edited by HMFIC03

On 1/12/2017 at 6:48 AM, Nickoli said:

Mine is going out today. Any hotel deals?

Sorry, no hotel deals lined up.  Most of our shooters live close enough to drive in shoot, and drive home.  The closest nice hotel is a Holiday Inn Express at Leaders Heights Rd.  The are some cheaper hotels on Arsenal rd.   That isn't too bad of a drive.

On 1/12/2017 at 6:48 AM, Nickoli said:

Mine is going out today. Any hotel deals?

Closet hotels to range are 

Holiday Inn Express, Leader Heights

Hampton Inn, New Freedom

Hampton Inn & Suits York South 

Country Inn & Suits (Carlson), St Charles Way York, PA 

Red Roof Inn, Arsenal Rd York

Wide Variety of hotels on Rt 30/Arsenal Rd & Market St in York, PA (20 minutes from Range)