Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Invictus Practical Mid-Atlantic Multi-Gun Championship

5 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Definitely bring a cart. Not to mention water or what ever you need to keep from dehydrating.

Yes, carts are good.  Golf carts don't work though.  We are a small club and you will be easily be able to walk from stage to stage.

We have a food vendor who will be selling water, Gatorade, soda etc, (in addition to providing lunch and drink that is included in entry fee) and there are 3 or 4 coolers of bottled water placed strategically around the ranges for this match.  I'm not sure when Dan was dehydrating at York but it wasn't this match.

15 hours ago, Howard762 said:

Yes, carts are good.  Golf carts don't work though.  We are a small club and you will be easily be able to walk from stage to stage.

We have a food vendor who will be selling water, Gatorade, soda etc, (in addition to providing lunch and drink that is included in entry fee) and there are 3 or 4 coolers of bottled water placed strategically around the ranges for this match.  I'm not sure when Dan was dehydrating at York but it wasn't this match.

Some people are far more concerned about liquid intake than I. I prefer to save some room for beverages after the shooting. :)

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:57 PM, StephensOutdoors said:

Closet hotels to range are 

Holiday Inn Express, Leader Heights

Hampton Inn, New Freedom

Hampton Inn & Suits York South 

Country Inn & Suits (Carlson), St Charles Way York, PA 

Red Roof Inn, Arsenal Rd York

Wide Variety of hotels on Rt 30/Arsenal Rd & Market St in York, PA (20 minutes from Range) 

Just to add to this there is also a Hampton Inn in Shrewsbury PA.  1000 Far Hills Dr, New Freedom, PA 17349  9.8 miles from the range.  Super Walmart, Ruby Tuesdays, Cracker Barrel, Chick-fil-A, Five Guys burgers, Hibachi grill, Arbys, to name a few at this exit off of I-83.

• 3 weeks later...

It took longer than I expected to fill Saturday (Sunday filled very quickly) but the match is full.  If your application was postmarked on 2/11 or prior you're in.  If not, you'll be on the waiting list.

Howard

Edited by Howard762

• 3 months later...

I have sent stages to all competitors.  There were quite a few bounced emails (due to size of file?)  If you didn't get them or want them please email me at hkbrt@verizon.net

Or if you want to confirm day or anything.

Things are lining up nicely.  All we need now is nice weather.

Howard

3 hours ago, alma said:

Howard, sorry to say that I am not going to be able to make it this year. Hopefully I can join you all next time. I sent an email. Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that.  I did get the email, but guess I did not reply.  Maybe next time, H-

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hoosiershooter said:

Howard, will there be any slung shotgun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4-5 Slug Shots depending if Stage 2 or 8 are used.   

Counting all Targets for all 8 stages here are my counts ( remember this is me shooting it ) 

Pit Pistol Shot Slug Rifle
1 16 14   14
2 30 20 2  
3   6 3 14
4 33     20
5 16 27    
6 27 20   24
7 20 5   22
8 20 16 3  
Total 162 108 8 94
Recommend 200 150 20 150

Again Disclaim, My count of stages of how I would shoot the stages.

Bruce

Great match. Went smoothly and got back home early on Sunday afternoon (8.5hr drive).

I probably should've asked this before the match, but how does the prize system work, and how do you know if you've won?

Thanks

20 hours ago, Therealkoop said:

Great match. Went smoothly and got back home early on Sunday afternoon (8.5hr drive).

I probably should've asked this before the match, but how does the prize system work, and how do you know if you've won?

Thanks

It's kind a Lewis System. Information is found here   https://yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

Thank you, Howard and all those that worked to put this match on.

Those that want a hosefest, stay home. Those that want a challenging and humbling match, don't you dare miss the next one!

I shot Limited for the first time, and found the rifle parts to be not a problem, as were the shotgun. Pistol however bit my ass, chewed it up, spit it out and laughed hysterically at this old fart! :)

It's always good to shoot with friends, see people that are too far away to shoot with on a regular basis. Hopefully I have a couple new addicts to the game from this match. :)