Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Affordable Adjustable Gas Block

1 hour ago, Paul-the new guy said:

you could probably use a low pro gas block on the faxon barrel and be fine.  They do a good job sizing their gas ports for more competition oriented shooters. 

And if it doesn't have enough gas to run lightweight bcg and buffer, they will open it up for you under warranty. Had to have them do that for my 18" rifle gas barrel.

Edited by 12Bravo

On 1/12/2017 at 10:55 AM, 12Bravo said:

And if it doesn't have enough gas to run lightweight bcg and buffer, they will open it up for you under warranty. Had to have them do that for my 18" rifle gas barrel.

That's good to know. Thank you guys, I'll use a low pro GB for now. I already have Low Mass BCG and taccom buffer set up ready to install.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, recoilchamp said:

As an alternative, I've also had good luck with the RCA adjustable gas key. Replaced the gas key on my BCG with it instead of replacing the gas block.

Thank you for the idea. Is your BCG a full mass or low mass? I guess it's the easiest route having not to remove the gas block and muzzle brake to install. 

I just ordered the RCA adjustable gas key from Brownells with free shipping no minimum purchase amount.