Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Sport slide on SP-01 frame

repins1911

I have ended up with an extra complete 9mm Tac Sport slide and since I have an addiction to tinkering with my CZs, I want to put it on an SP-01 frame. This more of a question for Stuart and Atlas, but if anyone else has done this, please chime in.

What are the necessary modifications to make this happen?

I have converted the SP-01 to SAO. I know there is a mod needed to the slide but have been unable to locate the specifics.

I have lots of tools at my disposal and am pretty competent and confident in my smithing ability.

Thanks for any and all insight!

I machined the dust cover width of my slide to get mine to work. I had a thread on the CZ Forum (or here) and that was what was suggested. Others cut the inside of the frame. I like the idea of modifying the slide as my base platform remains unchanged.

DSCN3208_zpshotss70o.jpg

Edited by huskerlrrp

10 hours ago, bigdave24 said:

I know cz custom has a program to mill the TS slide to fit a 75 Shadow frame.  I assume they could also do it for an SP-01.

We have done the build a few times.

SP01TS40_110708.jpg

On 1/8/2017 at 4:59 AM, manolis said:

Tri top slide or is the photo? 

I like tri top slides for TS .

20 hours ago, PRanta said:

To me it looks like only two slide sides are milled. Milling the top of slide would affect front sight mounting.

IMG_4162.JPG

Just found my notes. TS slide with sights and firing pin but without recoil spring sleeve was 13.8 oz. TSO slide was 14.1 oz due to heavier rear sight. So the weight loss is about 0.8 oz. Makes it lighter than S2 slide.