Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfo Nitro Fin

e-mishka

very interesting but unlike the 1911/2011 one it looks like the pad is in front of the pivot and not behind. Wouldn't applying pressure to it with your tumb cause the rear to lift and drag against the slide??? I see they say multiple times that, " Slide lock does not lock the slide back on last round or manually. " But I would still be concerned it could slow the slide and cause cycling issues. Maybe I'm missing something about the design....

2 hours ago, EngineerEli said:

very interesting but unlike the 1911/2011 one it looks like the pad is in front of the pivot and not behind. Wouldn't applying pressure to it with your tumb cause the rear to lift and drag against the slide??? I see they say multiple times that, " Slide lock does not lock the slide back on last round or manually. " But I would still be concerned it could slow the slide and cause cycling issues. Maybe I'm missing something about the design....

I've been running one on my tanfo limited for couple months ( have one of the prototypes ).  The Slide DOES NOT lock back.  Not sure how to explain it, but the "block" that goes in the square hole has a lip.  That lip prevents the lever from pushing up, so no matter how much you try, it will not rock up or back and lock the slide back.

As far as the thumb rest itself....it is AWESOME.  I put it on and my thumb naturally fell into place.  5 minutes of dry fire and i was good to go.  I tried the DAA Thumb Rest a year ago and could never get used to it.  It was too far forward.  The Nitro Fin is in the perfect place.

If anyone is in the Columbia, SC area, i will be at the match this weekend at MCRC if you want to come handle it.

23 minutes ago, e-mishka said:

Is it possible to use bladetech or similar holster with this nitro fin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but with some modifications....ie: Bust out the Dremel!!  I can take a picture and show you what i have done, but i'm on a conf call right now. I will get to it and come back and post.

Hopefully these give you a good idea.  BTW, I will be at the Florida Open next month for anyone reading this that wants to handle the Tanfo with the Nitro Fin

IMG_0727_zps3imhp6bs.jpg

IMG_0726_zpssqhaiyxk.jpg

Edited by CZinSC

Just installed mine.  Fits the gun perfectly.  Aesthetics are very nice.  With only a few reps my support thumb lands in just the right place and the sight alignment is on the money.  I plan to mod a Bladetech holster similarly to make it fit.  As CZinSC says, this will not lock the slide on the last round.  Looking forward to taking it for a test drive tomorrow!!  

Edited by Jetskidawg

Just installed mine.  Fits the gun perfectly.  Aesthetics are very nice.  With only a few reps my support thumb lands in just the right place and the sight alignment is on the money.  I plan to mod a Bladetech holster similarly to make it fit.  As CZinSC says, this will not lock the slide on the last round.  Looking forward to taking it for a test drive tomorrow!!  

Would you mind taking a picture of your shooting grip?
I think ill order one this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here's a picture of what I did to modify my holster. Like CZinSC I dremeled a channel in the holster, quick and easy.  Because of the thickness of the Nitro-fin, I needed to insert spacers so that it would clear the Tech Lok.  Fits perfectly.  Wouldn't work with my Boss hanger unless I wanted to cut some steel (or buy longer fasteners, and do the same thing with spacers between the holster and hanger).

image.jpeg