Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfo Nitro Fin

e-mishka

On 1/13/2017 at 5:33 PM, CZinSC said:

Hopefully these give you a good idea.  BTW, I will be at the Florida Open next month for anyone reading this that wants to handle the Tanfo with the Nitro Fin

IMG_0727_zps3imhp6bs.jpg

IMG_0726_zpssqhaiyxk.jpg

What rear sight it this are you running?

e-mishka, thanks for posting the video! It looks really nice and the thumb rest is located much closer to the hands. Great as I have relatively small hands and short fingers.

Can you rack the slide using the front serrations with no issue?

Thanks

e-mishka, thanks for posting the video! It looks really nice and the thumb rest is located much closer to the hands. Great as I have relatively small hands and short fingers.

Can you rack the slide using the front serrations with no issue?

Thanks

Yes, no issues racking the slide.
Ill be going to the range this week and see how it runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/16/2017 at 10:05 PM, CZinSC said:

Dawson.  It takes some filing though, it won't fit the dovetail as is. You have to file down part that fits into the dovetail on the bottom of the sight.

Do you mind providing a direct link to the exact rear sight you're using. I really want to swap the one on my Limited Pro.

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-lpa-cut-adjustable-black-rear-sight/

As i said, you will need to file the part that fits in the dovetail.  The red lines below represent where you will need to file to make it fit.  a small flat file is what i used.  I butchered it pretty good, but the sight fits, it shoots straight, the sight just looks a little ugly.  It's a competition gun though, so i'm not overly concerned about that.

Capture_zpspd1pqmix.png

Edited by CZinSC

6 hours ago, CZinSC said:

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-lpa-cut-adjustable-black-rear-sight/

As i said, you will need to file the part that fits in the dovetail.  The red lines below represent where you will need to file to make it fit.  a small flat file is what i used.  I butchered it pretty good, but the sight fits, it shoots straight, the sight just looks a little ugly.  It's a competition gun though, so i'm not overly concerned about that.

Capture_zpspd1pqmix.png

Do you have a picture of your Bomar type sight on the gun? I'm curious.

Actually just found the pics i took of it when i did it.  if you need anything specific, just let me know.  FYI, the cross pin has since broke, and i JB welded it in back in.  The cross pins on these sights tend to break....a lot.

image.jpg5_zpsgxz8i1we.jpg

Factory sight on the left, Dawson on the right

image.jpg1_zps5oozpaqo.jpg

Dawson sight after i modified it

image.jpg3_zpsw4io50mj.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsbzw9t4lz.jpg

I've had one Dawson, and the pin broke.  I've had 2 Tanfo Sights break, one was the pin, the other was the elevation screw ( the little detent inside just disintergrated, so there was no click to hold the screw )

So yes, i'd say the sights all tend to break.  If someone ever makes a Fixed sight for this gun, i'll be first in line to buy it.  I know several people have asked Henning to make one, but he has not as far as i know.

Practiced with NF last night. As of now didn't see any improvement in my first shot or splits.

I will dry fire more with it and try another live fire practice on Monday, and local match on Wednesday.

Makes me wonder of these kind of add ons are more of a crutch for those lower level shooters that struggle with recoil control. For a shooter like you, with I'm sure a very good grip and handle on recoil control, there is not much improvement to be had from a thumb rest... Still looks like a beautiful piece of engineering and machining though!

• 2 years later...