Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brownells Edge

warpspeed

I've had it for coming up on 2 years. The only thing I've noticed is that as time goes on, they seem to be progressing to cheaper and cheaper shipping options.  I used to get my orders in 3-4 days (in PA) and now they're taking 7-8 days (UPS and FedEx smart post). 

I had it for a year

never had a problem with it other than ordering too much crap because the shipping is "free"

it does come in handy when I just need one small item, and I wouldn't have ordered it, if I didn't have the edge program 

4 hours ago, MedicAJ said:

I've had it for coming up on 2 years. The only thing I've noticed is that as time goes on, they seem to be progressing to cheaper and cheaper shipping options.  I used to get my orders in 3-4 days (in PA) and now they're taking 7-8 days (UPS and FedEx smart post). 

I've also found that over the last year and a half or so their time to get packages to the shipper has increased.  I used to be able to count on having something in-hand here in Alabama within 3-4 days.  For several of my orders, it's now taking 2-3 days from the time I order until it ships.  This has increased overall time to receipt to somewhere around 7-10 days.  Even 2 day shipping takes 4-5 days due to the lag time to get something to the shipper.

If Shooters Connection has what I need, they're getting my business as I usually have what I order within a day using UPS Ground.

I did it last year. Between this and Amazon Prime, saving money has never cost me so much money. :D

The shipping from Brownells is usually what kept me from ordering, not wanting to pay as much on shipping as the item itself. So I'd hold off till I had a larger order, usually in time forgetting all about what I really "needed".  Now I just order whatever, whenever.  

I had it for a year and didn't renew  ... It was cool at first ... doing some small quick orders that would normally have been cost prohibitive (if I had been paying the shipping). I got a couple of "big" "heavy" things too ... (like target stands) ... that would have been cost prohibitive if I had to pay for the shipping.  

Unfortunately, as others have mentioned ... the orders started taking a week+ to show up. Sometimes two to three days would pass before an order would process.

Most of these small orders were small because I needed them "right now" ... not in a week or so ... and that was the game changer for me. 

This year ... I have been clearing out stuff that has been accumulating in my "wish list" when they have shipping coupons ... and stuff I really need I pay for shipping or honestly just get it somewhere else.

The long shipping intervals on standard shipping (sadly) have really cut down on  my Brownell's activity. :( 

Edited by pete627
edit ... AND ... I miss the white boxes that showed up like "right now"!!

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a few small things on Jan 17.     IA to CA will take 9 days.  Worst part is that the package is in CA as of last Thursday so it will take a week to go about 24 miles.

UNBELIEVABLE 

I truly don't know if I will ever order from them again.

Edited by warpspeed

5 hours ago, warpspeed said:

I ordered a few small things on Jan 17.     IA to CA will take 9 days.  Worst part is that the package is in CA as of last Thursday so it will take a week to go about 24 miles.

UNBELIEVABLE 

I truly don't know if I will ever order from them again.

Wow

how was it shipped, I renewed my edge program, and the few thing I've ordered, I got in less than a week via usps 

in fact I made a couple of small orders over the weekend and I got a tracking number this morning

I just have to make sure my order is 5 lbs or less. Anything over 5 lbs and I get charged $12 for shipping. So for me the EDGE program is worth it, I just have to break up my orders to make weight. BTW the $12 shipping for over 5 lbs is a reduced charge (about half of what it would cost). 

On 1/23/2017 at 2:48 PM, usmc1094 said:

Is that really Brownells fault?

They decide who to use for shipments.  I ordered something else same day from Midway and it was here in 3 days.

I guess you get what you pay for.

3 hours ago, warpspeed said:

They decide who to use for shipments.  I ordered something else same day from Midway and it was here in 3 days.

I guess you get what you pay for.

I believe its the usps, ups, or FedEx problem if it takes 5 days to travel 24 miles. Brownells puts it in a box. Its never taken more than 4 days to get to me. 

The harsh reality is I will order from them again and will be delighted once again.

And a future order will get screwed up and they will make it right.

And their choice to use SmartPOST will once again take forever to get me something.

First World problems, right ?

IMHO not worth the money.  I had it for a year, and it just didn't justify its cost.  I'm about as impressed with it as I am with Midway's birthday discount... (If you didn't know, midway offers discounts on your birthday, but if you log out and look the price is the same, its kinda a scam...)