Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting production, should I switch to limited minor?

bsand

It takes a lot to ignore the other shooters and speed up (i.e. mess up from going too fast). My vote is for staying in production. Rule production before moving on. It will make you much more competitive in the Limited class of shooters. Anyway, that's my two cents!

Yep I'm going to stay in production for now, hopefully the next match has more production shooters. I may go to Marysville this weekend for a match on Sunday. But weather will dictate weither I attend or not. Rather not drive 1.5 hrs if it's snowing, so far forecast is rain which I'm OK with as I have Arc'teryx rain gear.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

check out Practiscore on previous matches to see how many attend and what classifications. I've ruled out 2 matches here in Houston because production division is small and those that shoot are lower classification than I want to shoot with/against.

The last match had 9 production shooters in November, about 300℅ more than last match i went to. My normal club matches have 7-9 production. Last match was only 3. I think I have my work cutout for me. I'm always walking the stages instead of moving faster lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever get out towards Eastern WA, the Tri-cities area has a really good club in EWPSA. Most of their info is on the Rattlesnake Mtn Range website. In the Spokane area, Sharp Practical Shooters. Match dates are posted on the Spokane Valley Rifle Pistol Club page. I'm North Idaho, and shoot the Sharp's match regularly. I shoot EWPSA whenever I am even remotely in the area, their sectionals have been really well done. If you ever find yourself around Missoula, the Hamilton club is another one that puts on really excellent matches, their end of July Montana Mayhem would be worth your drive.

12 minutes ago, JWBaldree said:

If you ever get out towards Eastern WA, the Tri-cities area has a really good club in EWPSA. Most of their info is on the Rattlesnake Mtn Range website. In the Spokane area, Sharp Practical Shooters. Match dates are posted on the Spokane Valley Rifle Pistol Club page. I'm North Idaho, and shoot the Sharp's match regularly. I shoot EWPSA whenever I am even remotely in the area, their sectionals have been really well done. If you ever find yourself around Missoula, the Hamilton club is another one that puts on really excellent matches, their end of July Montana Mayhem would be worth your drive.

I agree, I shot the inland empire match in richland last year, cool place.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's ok with the OP, I'll piggyback on this thread.
I've been contemplating moving from limited minor to production for a couple reasons, work on fundamentals and potentially be more competitive without spending big money on a new gun. IMO, I feel like shooting LM puts you behind the game with the major guys. I may be over thinking this though

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

2.  It isn't any easier to "move up" anywhere.  You still have to learn to hit the target quickly and move even more quickly.    :) 

actually the classification hhf's are significantly lower in production, so compared to shooting limited minor with the same gun, it will be noticeably easier to shooter higher percentages in production.