Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Better Option for Weighting Mags for Dry Fire?

tyler2you

I'm sick of chasing dummy rounds across the floor after dropping mags during dry fire.  I've tried adding weight without using dummy rounds, but my mags tend to stick in the gun (2011) without anything on top of the follower.  I'm using dedicated dry fire mags, so a permanent/semi-permanent modification would be fine.  Anyone have a unique solution?

6 minutes ago, dsb45acp said:

I use Bennie Cooley's CRTC training magazines.  They don't stick in either my Single Stack or my STI (before I sold it & went to just SS).  They're about $20 a piece.http://benniecooley.com

That looks like a great option, but I don't see an option for 2011 mags.  Maybe he will come out with one in the future.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:46 AM, dsb45acp said:

Just looked at mine.  It says Infinity safety magazine on the side.  Maybe they don't make them anymore.

Yep, I got an email back from them saying there wasn't enough demand for the 2011 version so they quit making them.

7 hours ago, Glock26Toter said:

I can't post sales pitch here, but if you search for "rack buddy dry fire training aid" on YouTube you may find some dude in a cowboy hat that offers what you need.

Nice.  I sent him an email.