Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tang's, how accurate

Which model?

My Stock 3 has done a 2.1" group and might be capable of more. However, I am not.

The conefit barrel on a Stock 2 should make it an order of magnitude more accurate than a S III or a Limited Pro.

None of them are lacking for accuracy relative to anything polymer. 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

They will hit a zone at 50 yards if you can hang with it. It's easy money with the stock 2... Or any of the conefit barrels. Once you adjust the sights for how you like to call your impacts... You barely have to get more than a glance down the slide before you are off to the next target.

Edited by ryridesmotox

15 minutes ago, mjmagee67 said:

More accurate than you and I will ever be.

I don't know why people say this?!  

I mean, yeah I want a gun that is more accurate than I am. That way I know it's me that's the problem. Though, I don't think most people mean it that way.  They'd accept 1ft at 15 yds.  I'm more accurate than some guns!

2" at 25 is bare minimum and that's not really good enough.  Can can I shoot that well? Sure can. Off hand. With a Glock!

So, I want a gun that's capable of shooting 1/2" at 50 yds. Is that realistic, probably not but I want it!  

I think 1" at 25/ 3" at 50 is the standard for excellent accuracy. Can I shoot that good?! ...... Maybe, but if I can't it's my fault and I'll keep trying. 

"More accurate than I am" is a lame excuse to suck!

I expect my Lim Pro to be as accurate as my CZ's. I've still not tested the LP since I just got it. My Shadows will shoot <2" at 25.  I've hit 8" still at 100 yds with them.  Just like every other gun, load development will get you the best accuracy.  

If my LP isn't as accurate, I'll be selling it.  

Here's a 10 shot group at 40 yds with my shadow orange. I will test the LP at the same distance and expect the same accuracy if not better!

trying to hold the tape measure in one hand and take the pick in the other, I got the edge to edge instead of center to center.  

IMG_3184.PNG

Edited by B_RAD

2 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I don't know why people say this?!       

Easy because if you go out and shoot your gun over and over and over and get your best group, I can guarantee that if you put the gun in a Ransom Rest you will get better groups.  

I've seen people who have access to Ransom Rests watch their group shrink from off hand. The gun is more capable than most shooters.

Just now, mjmagee67 said:

Easy because if you go out and shoot your gun over and over and over and get your best group, I can guarantee that if you put the gun in a Ransom Rest you will get better groups.  

I've seen people who have access to Ransom Rests watch their group shrink from off hand. The gun is more capable than most shooters.

I feel that most people who've said that do not mean it that way.  

Love it when people shoot a 3" group at 7 yds and say, "it's way more accurate than I am".  

41 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Yes, Wyatt shoots a Stock 2. 

Here I am thinking my 3.5" 10 shoot group  at 40 yds was good. Now I'm thinking it's mediocre!  

Edited by B_RAD

8 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I feel that most people who've said that do not mean it that way.  

Love it when people shoot a 3" group at 7 yds and say, "it's way more accurate than I am".  

All I know it what I have read. A mechanical rest gives more people the smallest groups. I can "only" shoot 3 to 4 inch group at 25 yards (6 shots), The gun seems to have little to do with it. Hell I surprised the poop out of myself when I took my brand new CZ Rami out and easily held the A-Zone at 25 yards with the first 10 shots I ever shot with it,  I was shocked. 

Edited by mjmagee67

5 minutes ago, mjmagee67 said:

All I know it what I have read. A mechanical rest gives more people the smallest groups. I can "only" shoot 3 to 4 inch group at 25 yards (6 shots), The gun seems to have little to do with it. Hell I surprised the poop out of myself when I took my brand new CZ Rami out and easily held the A-Zone at 25 yards with the first 10 shots I ever shot with it,  I was shocked. 

I'd love to put mine in a ramsom rest. 

23 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I'd love to put mine in a ramsom rest. 

Me to, just for kicks. I don't know if I would learn anything useful. I guess I could screw with loads and COAL to squeeze out more accuracy. But that wouldn't fix my bad habit of relaxing my grip while shooting a stag. Accuracy starts off great by the end of the stage too many D,s.

That isn't the q

On 1/2/2017 at 8:36 PM, Bob Hostetter said:

How accurate are the Tang's right out of the box?

This isn't the question that you really want to be asking. Every gun, is inherently almost as accurate as its ever going to be. The question is..."How accurate can I be with a tanfo right out of the box?". If you are a beast and are acclimated to heavy action SA/DA guns then you will be fine. For the 90% of the population, it takes some lighter springs and polishing until we can be as accurate as we want at the speed that we want it. 

bottom line: Guns are incredibly accurate....stock triggers are far less than ideal.