Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Trubor .38s

stevelinder

Buddy of mine bought off gun broker, which was fine, but he did add some things for it to run and upgrade it, mainly after messing with tuning the extractor, he ended just buying a aftec and was g2g then he went with egw fire group,sv trigger and a ice magwell. Find one, get it to run reliably and learn your gun as you go. I bought mine on the classifieds here all tuned and ready to roll

Edited by Acsr
Spelling

On 1/6/2017 at 5:10 AM, EEH said:

Well I can't say anything about the DVC,but last year I bought a 9mm Trubor off gunbroker from a certified dealer that I know of for a good price. I had a little trouble with brass hitting the mount and having a jam. After that was fixed,that thing just runs and runs. I would buy another one,but just don't need it yet.

for brass I use range brass inspect it load it with 8.3 gr.of hs 6 and shoot,and walk away.

What did you do to correct those issues?

Ok so I found a few pistols...

STI Trubor, salesman sample, unfired, 2 mags,  $1980

DVC open with 5 rds thru it, 2 mags  $2750

Match Master 4" with 500 rds thru it, tricked out, 1 mag RTS2  $2800

Dawson Signature with 7k+ rds thru it, 3 mags     $2500

Virgil Tripp .38 , <1000rds, safe queen, 10+ yrs old  $2600

CK .38 Open, new, Slide ride 1 mag $3600

CK .38 Open, new, RTS2, 1mag  $4000

Comments?

You can do quite a bit with the price difference on the trubor, but the optics you choose, if your after the rts2  there is 400 bucks, really matters what you want in a gun, how much do you want to customize or install, tune. All will be a good time shooting.  Just choose and be happy with your gun.

It might be the mag bumping up the cost (as the ck guns usually come with no mag) but the CK arms with RTS2 is $3750 and with slidride (choice of upright or 90 mount) is $3550. The steel grip version with slideride is $4K and the top spec version with steel grip and RTS2 is $4200. 

All of this seem like reasonable options, though personally I'd drop the match master off that list. it's a very short gun. it's also one of the more expensive options. 

For me I'd go either bottom of the list or top of the list. The trubor at under $2K is a great start but bare in mind if you did steel grip, RTS2, racker, slide cuts you'll be up around another $1500 sunk into the gun. at that point you still have a trubor with some mods, but you've spent about the same $$ as a CK arms which has some other small improvements (aftec extractor, EGW internals etc). 

So I think either go trubor and enjoy it for a while, or go straight to the CK. :)